Andrew Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Simon did a great job on defense. Held a kid who scored 22 points to 1 point. #14 was a tough match for us. Actually thought Yawke played him best. Good effort for most of the game. Should have our hands full with a big Nebraska team.
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 37
oldschool Redmen Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
We beat them like we should, a nice 25pnt win.
I'll be more into it on Thursday, Vs. Nebraska.
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 39
RedStormNC Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 40
Class of 72 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Frustrating that this is yet another game I'm not able to get on TV. Last game was one thing, but I don't get FS2 at home, only FS1, and it's not streaming on the Fox Sports Go app either.

Meanwhile, SNY is discussing UConn pregame and getting ready to show their game....

Sling 7 day free trial?

Those willing to watch games on an iPhone or tablet please know that you all can watch almost any college game and much more on vipleague.mobi. you can stream to your TV etc, all you need is internet.
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 41
SJU61982 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Here are the highlights, featuring a lot of SJU fastbreak baskets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQpc00QonGk
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 42
usguard Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Heard the game . WE did OK i do not understand YAWKE do not think he progressed. His time should be limited if we had stronger forwards Like Simon's energy and aggressiveness Shooting and foul shooting is another thing but if he sticks to his knitting and keeps doing what he is doing with pass first mentality he will be great A little disappointed with Clark thought he was going to be a beast on the boards. Time will tell. He has to play smarter and stop accumulating early fouls which put him on the bench .Being so thin up front we need him to play 35 mins PONDS IS DOING GREAT as is Lovett Just strnge that our best rebounder is 6-1 That will be exposed in big East play Trimbile is going to be really good and should soon see his mins increased WITHUT SEEING THE TEAM PLAY I wonder if Mullin has improved are we running set plays ,also out of bounds plays pick and rollins backdoors etc etc How are we going to do against Big strong talented front lines? Our guards can play with one one in the country Defense still a problem better yes but a long way to go Like the team hope we can dance this yr otherwise NIT
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 43
Class of 72 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

Heard the game . WE did OK i do not understand YAWKE do not think he progressed. His time should be limited if we had stronger forwards Like Simon's energy and aggressiveness Shooting and foul shooting is another thing but if he sticks to his knitting and keeps doing what he is doing with pass first mentality he will be great A little disappointed with Clark thought he was going to be a beast on the boards. Time will tell. He has to play smarter and stop accumulating early fouls which put him on the bench .Being so thin up front we need him to play 35 mins PONDS IS DOING GREAT as is Lovett Just strnge that our best rebounder is 6-1 That will be exposed in big East play Trimbile is going to be really good and should soon see his mins increased WITHUT SEEING THE TEAM PLAY I wonder if Mullin has improved are we running set plays ,also out of bounds plays pick and rollins backdoors etc etc How are we going to do against Big strong talented front lines? Our guards can play with one one in the country Defense still a problem better yes but a long way to go Like the team hope we can dance this yr otherwise NIT

I posted this in the UNO game thread but in reply to your Mullin and front court questions.....
Amar and Yakwe appear lost in Mullin's offensive scheme.
The big black hole in the middle got exposed again against a rail thin CC front line that included Mustafa Jones, a 6-8 string bean from Cardinal Hayes who got his points while our Jr. Kassoum Yakwe was collecting 1 rebound and zero points in 18 minutes. Devion Bute a 6-9 toothpick for CC can be now added to a weekly list of opposing front court players that bitch slap our players. A substitute head coach (the cc asst. coach) knew how to get the most out of his front line while Mullin's front court appears to be an afterthought with no set plays designed for them as they were for Central Connecticut.
If this trend carries over into the Nebraska game I expect another loss by the Big East against the bigger Big Ten.
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 44
richard A Steinfeld Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
We all know Ponds and Lovett make a respectable duo. Simon seems to do many things well. He can pass,score,defend and rebound. We are going to have to get rebounds by committee. Clark needs to foul less and rebound more. Yakwe had better body language. Played w energy, but wasnt overly productive. Trimble has been a pleasant surprise, Has a nice game for an early season freshman and can really shoot.I will take the W. CC had close games against Rutgers and Hartford.
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 45

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.