mjmaherjr Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Only saw the 2nd half but fun to watch. Hopefully Trimble keeps up this shooting to make me less annoyed about Mussini going to Europe. Next biggest takeaway is I really like Simon. Not going to get too excited because I got too excited last year in the beginning of the season only to be annoyed at end of season

Thursday is a big game
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 46
Jaden Daly Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
http://dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/2017/11/simon-posts-double-double-ponds-goes.html

Admittedly not my best recap, but hopefully you enjoy it just as much.
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 47
Danny Noonan Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
We covered a 24.5 spread ?. This team is insanely deep at the guard positions. Yakwe got 18 minutes tonight & staff did call 3-4 sets for him. He fumbled the ball, got offensive foul & kicked the ball out twice. Fact is we live or die with our guards. Clark got in early foul trouble and sat the whole second half. It’s a win.
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 48
sjc88 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I watched the game last night and re-watched this morning for fun.

Just my two cents and some observations FWIW
1- Simon can be really good at times and frees up Ponds/Lovett on offense. Happy he is on our side.
2-Team can/and does shoot the 3. Do need to make sure we don't get 3 happy since if we are missing them we will be in trouble given our rebounding challenges.
3- Trimble has a nice shot. Would like to see him play more.
4- Yakwe looked lost as did Amar in limited action. They just have not improved.
5- After watching Duke/MSU and Kansas/Kentucky you can clearly see the gap between us and them. We could compete on the perimeter but we will have major problems in the paint. BagleyIII (got poked in the eye didn't play much) is going to really be a problem when we face Dukies.
6- Our defense looked better. However, I think we still leave too many open looks at the 3.

The competition begins to toughen, let's hope our guys are ready for the challenge.
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 49
fun Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 50
Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Some observations-
Nice job done in the Red-Whie Hospitality crew. Good spread, good drinks, nice setting.
Disappointed in the attendance (reported as just over 4,000, but closer to 3,000).
Time-out entertainment with cheerleaders, dance team, give-a-ways was very amateur.
Many here said the D was better-I would say marginally at best.
Ponds continues to impress; Simon is the real deal; more PT for Owens; less PT for Ahmed.
Rebounders, please hit the boards on offense and defense.
Noticed 3 coaches standing and shouting instructions to players on the court. Too many voices.
Time to be in season form vs. Nebraska.
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 51
usguard Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
68% foul shooting means loses in close games If we have so many good shooters no excuse for team not being over 70 %
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 52
Paul Massell Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Many here said the D was better-I would say marginally at best.

The improvement that I saw was the guards pressuring their man and a lot of hands without fouling. For Lovett this goes into two games. The interior is still a marshmallow but that is less of a factor when the guards are pressuring their guys and getting hands on the ball for steals and deflections. This directly corresponds to our guys - Owens, Yakwe, Clark and Amar getting into foul trouble which they didn't.

CC also had some real speed and quickness from several players. We handled that well and turned them over and didn't get into foul trouble.

And my favorite moment was Trimble defending the post probably better than anyone we've seen in the past 3 seasons.
Chuck Norris once fought superman. The loser had to wear his underwear over his pants.
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 53
SJU61982 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

68% foul shooting means loses in close games If we have so many good shooters no excuse for team not being over 70 %

2 percentage points is really nitpicking, IMO.

Besides, two of the misses don't really count, since Ahmed missed 2 late in the game, but we got the rebound, Ahmed went right back to the line, and drained both. If you take out those two misses (and this is a rare case where I think you can actually do that, since we got the desired result that possession), we shot 74%.

Besides, I'd rather save the great foul shooting for nights when we really need it.
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. # 54

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.