Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Yankees - 2019

Yankees - 2019 9 months 1 week ago #306326

  • capmaker
  • capmaker's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 808
  • Thank you received: 152

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2019 8 months 1 week ago #311417

  • ctstorm
  • ctstorm's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 552
  • Thank you received: 130
Yanks pick up Tulowitzki for minimum wage (Jays obligated for balance). Nice move IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Knight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2019 8 months 1 week ago #311431

  • ron
  • ron    's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 759
  • Thank you received: 391

ctstorm wrote: Yanks pick up Tulowitzki for minimum wage (Jays obligated for balance). Nice move IMO.


Agree! I suspect they will also sign Machado for third base and either play Andujar at first or trade him.
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2019 8 months 1 week ago #311433

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 9636
  • Thank you received: 2723
I've resigned myself to the fact they will trade Andujar. I hate it but if it nets you a #1 or #2 then gotta do it.

Tulo for 500k is such a shrewd Cashman move. If healthy he can still hit and Yankees focus on analytics will put him in better positions defensively.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2019 8 months 1 week ago #311494

  • Knight
  • Knight's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5095
  • Thank you received: 1128
If he can still hit, first base is an option when Didi returns.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2019 8 months 1 week ago #311702

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 9636
  • Thank you received: 2723

Knight wrote: If he can still hit, first base is an option when Didi returns.


He has said he will play SS, 2B or 3B but doesn't want to be a utility player. Not sure what that means exactly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2019 8 months 1 week ago #311704

  • ron
  • ron    's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 759
  • Thank you received: 391

Moose wrote:

Knight wrote: If he can still hit, first base is an option when Didi returns.


He has said he will play SS, 2B or 3B but doesn't want to be a utility player. Not sure what that means exactly.


He is under team control. He will play where he is told to play. He seems to have a good attitude so I don't think it will be a problem.
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2019 8 months 1 week ago #311710

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 9636
  • Thank you received: 2723

ron s m wrote:

Moose wrote:

Knight wrote: If he can still hit, first base is an option when Didi returns.


He has said he will play SS, 2B or 3B but doesn't want to be a utility player. Not sure what that means exactly.


He is under team control. He will play where he is told to play. He seems to have a good attitude so I don't think it will be a problem.


To be fair control might not be the best word. He will be making MLB minimum and no skin off Yankees back's if and when they decide to dump him.

Hes a veteran so learning a new position is hard enough let alone multiple positions so I can see why he might say what he did. Something will shake out before Spring Training and we'll see who is on squad and where the pieces all fit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2019 7 months 3 weeks ago #316633

  • ctstorm
  • ctstorm's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 552
  • Thank you received: 130
Gray gone to Reds in 3-team deal.
It seems like not much of a return - some lo level prospect named Josh Stowers. Shed Long goes to Seattle and Reds also get P Reiver Sanmartin.

Gray's stock sure dropped. .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2019 7 months 3 weeks ago #316662

  • bamafan
  • bamafan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5911
  • Thank you received: 1632

ctstorm wrote: Gray gone to Reds in 3-team deal.
It seems like not much of a return - some lo level prospect named Josh Stowers. Shed Long goes to Seattle and Reds also get P Reiver Sanmartin.

Gray's stock sure dropped. .

Great job by Cashman trading 3 high level prospects for gray and turning him around for a midland prospect and a midland draft pick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight