Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Amir Garrett

Amir Garrett 8 months 3 days ago #315835

  • jerseyshorejohnny
  • jerseyshorejohnny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4227
  • Thank you received: 1060
On with Chris Russo and High Heat program

Chose SJU because of NYC and he liked Steve Lavin.

Had interest from UCLA and Kansas.

Didn't know much, if anything, about St. John's. His Dad was the one who told him about SJU.

Initially didn't know that it was a D1 program, and didn't know anything about Lav.

Amir was ranked 68th in the country when he came to SJU

Thinks St. John's can go far in the NCAA

Mentioned bad call vs Seton Hall

Chose baseball because it was the best chance to make the majors instead of the going the NBA route

Said Cincy is a tough place to pitch. Need to keep the ball on the ground to be successful

Didn't watch much baseball growing up. Would rather be outside playing.

Always picks SJU to go all the way in his bracket pool.

Mentioned in a graphic all the notable baseball alumni from St. John's baseball such as Franco, Aurillia (spelling) Viola, Mike Proly, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: romiSJU, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jerseyshorejohnny.

Amir Garrett 8 months 3 days ago #315836

  • ron
  • ron    's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 760
  • Thank you received: 391
Amir Garrett was interviewed on today's segment of "High Heat" on MLB Network. Cool, he brought up the bad call in the SH game! Also, picks SJU to win the National Championship.
Ron
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster, panther2, romiSJU, Knight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Amir Garrett 8 months 2 days ago #316027

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3988
  • Thank you received: 829

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Amir Garrett 8 months 2 days ago #316031

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4651
  • Thank you received: 2551

ron wrote: Amir Garrett was interviewed on today's segment of "High Heat" on MLB Network. Cool, he brought up the bad call in the SH game! Also, picks SJU to win the National Championship.



Great guy.
From his lips...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Amir Garrett 5 months 2 weeks ago #337651

  • SJ_NYC
  • SJ_NYC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1297
  • Thank you received: 176
... and while we're continuing the good feelings:
A Garrett:
Season to date in the MLB, in 4 appearances: 0.00 ERA!
He only makes short appearances.
He has struck six, to one walk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Amir Garrett 5 months 2 weeks ago #337677

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 7854
  • Thank you received: 3036

SJ_NYC wrote: ... and while we're continuing the good feelings:
A Garrett:
Season to date in the MLB, in 4 appearances: 0.00 ERA!
He only makes short appearances.
He has struck six, to one walk.


It's interesting that 4 years after Lavin was terminated the only players playing professional ball somewhere are all Lavin players ......Harkless, Sampson, Harrison, Pointer, Obekpa, Amir, Phil G.
Actually I'm being facetious. Fruedengerg is playing somewhere in Bavaria. Mussini is on loan to Trieste. Then there is the success of Marcus LoVett in Tajikistan or wherever.;)
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Amir Garrett 5 months 2 weeks ago #337718

  • Knight
  • Knight's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5108
  • Thank you received: 1134

Class of 72 wrote:

SJ_NYC wrote: ... and while we're continuing the good feelings:
A Garrett:
Season to date in the MLB, in 4 appearances: 0.00 ERA!
He only makes short appearances.
He has struck six, to one walk.


It's interesting that 4 years after Lavin was terminated the only players playing professional ball somewhere are all Lavin players ......Harkless, Sampson, Harrison, Pointer, Obekpa, Amir, Phil G.
Actually I'm being facetious. Fruedengerg is playing somewhere in Bavaria. Mussini is on loan to Trieste. Then there is the success of Marcus LoVett in Tajikistan or wherever.;)


And then there's Keita.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Amir Garrett 5 months 1 week ago #337954

  • austour
  • austour's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5353
  • Thank you received: 804

Class of 72 wrote:

SJ_NYC wrote: ... and while we're continuing the good feelings:
A Garrett:
Season to date in the MLB, in 4 appearances: 0.00 ERA!
He only makes short appearances.
He has struck six, to one walk.


It's interesting that 4 years after Lavin was terminated the only players playing professional ball somewhere are all Lavin players ......Harkless, Sampson, Harrison, Pointer, Obekpa, Amir, Phil G.
Actually I'm being facetious. Fruedengerg is playing somewhere in Bavaria. Mussini is on loan to Trieste. Then there is the success of Marcus LoVett in Tajikistan or wherever.;)


Just in case you are ever actually wondering who's playing where

basketball.usbasket.com/team/NCAA/St._Jo...niversity/510?Page=4
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Amir Garrett 5 months 1 week ago #337961

  • NCJohnnie
  • NCJohnnie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3084
  • Thank you received: 3443
Austour wrote: Just in case you are ever actually wondering who's playing where

basketball.usbasket.com/team/NCAA/St._Jo...niversity/510?Page=4

This is great - thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Amir Garrett 4 months 3 weeks ago #346502

  • SJ_NYC
  • SJ_NYC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1297
  • Thank you received: 176
Quick Amir Garrett update:
He's doing quite well. 0.82 ERA, along a 0.82 WHIP (coincidence that they are the same number).
He's appeared in 13 games so far. 11 innings pitched.
He's throwing in the mid 90s, and a lefty.

He is going to get paid. He has a few years to get there. Good chart below.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fuchsia, romiSJU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight