Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2019 NY Mets

2019 NY Mets 1 week 4 days ago #359296

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 1155
It's time for Wally Backman. :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 1 week 4 days ago #359301

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 523

oldschool Redmen wrote:

sjc88 wrote: Callaway should’ve been fired. Now comes the hard part for the Mets. They need to get this right and hire a competent major league manager. This isn’t the time for fliers on inexperienced guys. Yes it might cost some money. Think Girardi, Maddon, Gibbons, Matheny etc.

Not even a phone call to Mike Scioscia or his agent?

Sure you can call that’s why I said etc. Please read my post.
However, of course you are aware that Scioscia is 60 years old now and lives in California? Has since the beginning of his playing days with the Dodgers. Something tells me he is not leaving that life to grind it out with the Wilpons in Queens.
ok

Last edit: by sjc88.

2019 NY Mets 1 week 3 days ago #359319

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 853
My guess is that Girardi will be the next manager.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

2019 NY Mets 1 week 3 days ago #359335

• sjc88

Andrew wrote: My guess is that Girardi will be the next manager.

Andrew, I agree and it is 100% the right fit. There are others that fit but as always we have to wonder will the owner pay what it takes. Yesterday just guaranteed we are going to find out.

Funny as I wrote this Girardi is on FS1 doing Rays/Astros playoff game.

Last edit: by sjc88.

2019 NY Mets 1 week 3 days ago #359353

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 2716
My opinion is Girardi goes to the Cubs

2019 NY Mets 1 week 2 days ago #359378

• JackofVirginia
  • Thank you received: 398

Beast of the East wrote: My opinion is Girardi goes to the Cubs

Agree. I wouldn't mind getting Mathen, a no nonsense guy.. Thought he did a real good job with the Cardinals.

2019 NY Mets 1 week 16 hours ago #359435

• bamafan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1653
Wally Bachman leads LI Ducks to first and second half of season first place finishes, best season record in 20 year history of the Ducks, 2 rounds of playoff victories culminating in an Atlantic league championship. Next manager of the Mets.......most likely not but it would be intriguing.

2019 NY Mets 1 week 16 hours ago #359437

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 864

bamafan wrote: Wally Bachman leads LI Ducks to first and second half of season first place finishes, best season record in 20 year history of the Ducks, 2 rounds of playoff victories culminating in an Atlantic league championship. Next manager of the Mets.......most likely not but it would be intriguing.

He'd probably be looking at an immediate suspension if he were named manager, given the recent domestic violence claim against him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East

2019 NY Mets 1 week 16 hours ago #359438

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 2716

SJU61982 wrote:

bamafan wrote: Wally Bachman leads LI Ducks to first and second half of season first place finishes, best season record in 20 year history of the Ducks, 2 rounds of playoff victories culminating in an Atlantic league championship. Next manager of the Mets.......most likely not but it would be intriguing.

He'd probably be looking at an immediate suspension if he were named manager, given the recent domestic violence claim against him.

To my knowledge, his temper has always been a problem that bled into his professional life. NY is not the first big league stop for someone who has issues with temper. Just dealing with the media has caused Accident waiting to happen. Next.

2019 NY Mets 1 day 7 hours ago #359898

• sjc88
Don’t know if anyone saw it, FOX had a Tom Seaver documentary after the football game this afternoon. It was a weird time for it to be on. Anyone who hasn’t seen it, if you are interested the title is, as you would expect “Seaver”. It was narrated by Edward Burns the Actor. A Baseball fan and a Mets fan will probably enjoy it. Very well done. I don’t know if it’s been on before or if they plan to air again.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight