Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2019 NY Mets

2019 NY Mets 5 months 1 day ago #345063

• bamafan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1634
The Mets-St. John's conundrum continues as soon as we get good news on SJU deGrom :( needs MRI.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 5 months 23 hours ago #345137

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 496

bamafan wrote: The Mets-St. John's conundrum continues as soon as we get good news on SJU deGrom :( needs MRI.

My first thought with any Met injury is always here we go again. Perfect example is in Spring Training down goes Jed Lowrie BEFORE work outs even began. Mets statement was “MRI is clean and injury is not serious”. That was EIGHT Weeks ago and he still has not started playing in minor league games yet.

2019 NY Mets 4 months 3 weeks ago #346086

• Tommy O 54
  • Thank you received: 235
Wheeler was dealing last night and a homerun! Nice.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

2019 NY Mets 4 months 2 weeks ago #348039

• gman
  • Thank you received: 649
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, Tommy O 54

2019 NY Mets 4 months 2 weeks ago #348048

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 850

gman wrote:

Darling’s press release sounded optimistic. As the season starts to go south, listening to Cohen, Darling and Hernandez makes the games bearable. Todd Zeile is a nice guy but It’s not the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

2019 NY Mets 4 months 2 hours ago #349746

• mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3690
Mets spiraling out of Control worse than daenerys targaryen

2019 NY Mets 4 months 1 hour ago #349749

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 2688
Is there a name for June swoon in may?

Maybe the mets can pick up a donn clendenon

2019 NY Mets 4 months 1 hour ago #349755

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 1314

Beast of the East wrote: Is there a name for June swoon in may?

Maybe the mets can pick up a donn clendenon

Ed Kranepool just got a new kidney
Maybe he's ready to suit up again
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

2019 NY Mets 3 months 3 weeks ago #350661

• SJU2000alum15
  • Thank you received: 240
So just when you think maybe they are turning it around enter last night, playing in LA I went to bed in the 7th they were winning 8-3 Alonso hit homeruns # 18 & 19 I was like wow two wins in a row on the road against the best team in the NL Get back over 500 let’s go! Wake up to see they lost 9-8!!! Our crappy bullpen gave up 6 runs in 3 innings. Diaz comes in the 9th up 8-5 gives up back to back homers then back to back doubles , loads the bases with still nobody out and then a sac fly to end it! You want to explain why our genius manager never even had anybody else warming up when this guy clearly didn’t have it , that trade looks worse every day traded our best prospect for an aging Cano stuck making 20 million a year till age 40 and a closer that has been very unimpressive since becoming a Met!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

2019 NY Mets 3 months 3 weeks ago #350677

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 850

SJU2000alum15 wrote: So just when you think maybe they are turning it around enter last night, playing in LA I went to bed in the 7th they were winning 8-3 Alonso hit homeruns # 18 & 19 I was like wow two wins in a row on the road against the best team in the NL Get back over 500 let’s go! Wake up to see they lost 9-8!!! Our crappy bullpen gave up 6 runs in 3 innings. Diaz comes in the 9th up 8-5 gives up back to back homers then back to back doubles , loads the bases with still nobody out and then a sac fly to end it! You want to explain why our genius manager never even had anybody else warming up when this guy clearly didn’t have it , that trade looks worse every day traded our best prospect for an aging Cano stuck making 20 million a year till age 40 and a closer that has been very unimpressive since becoming a Met!

Agree with you 100% about the trade and that was a rough loss but I was watching and unfortunately wasn't shocked the Mets couldn’t close out a game against a team as good as the Dodgers. Who did you want warming up after the two home runs? Gagnon, Font, Bashlor, Santiago or Zamora? Likely the same result. I miss Seth Lugo. Not having him is hurting us a lot.

I will say I have been very impressed by our hitting in this series and finally they put Smith in the outfield.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight