Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: KD

KD 1 week 6 days ago #351940

• oldschool Redmen
  • oldschool Redmen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 559
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tommy O 54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KD 1 week 6 days ago #351941

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1057
I want to be careful here because I wish injury on no one and feel for anyone who has happen to them what Durant had happen. However, as a basketball fan, the article focuses on what has made the NBA dead to me - superstars, not teams; stacking teams, the destruction of any real competitiveness. Finally, the death knell of the league for me, the natural extension of a league that took a team sport and evolved into being about the individual, reffing based on the name on the back of the jersey rather than the integrity of the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlBovino, bamafan

Last edit: by Logen.

KD 1 week 6 days ago #351942

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 2406

Logen wrote: I want to be careful here because I wish injury on no one and feel for anyone who has happen to them what Durant had happen. However, as a basketball fan, the article focuses on what has made the NBA dead to me - superstars, not teams; stacking teams, the destruction of any real competitiveness. Finally, the death knell of the league for me, the natural extension of a league that took a team sport and evolved into being about the individual, reffing based on the name on the back of the jersey rather than the integrity of the game.

You're not wrong about anything you said. However the metrics of the League couldn't be higher. And they seem to continually be pointing up. I was never really an NBA fan as a kid. I'd watch but never had a team. I watch a little more now but likely due to just losing interest in other sports.

However I do hate the team stacking and I hope when their next CBA is up that is a point that is addressed. I have no idea how. I don't follow it closely enough to pretend to know what the magic pill is. But agree something should be done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, bamafan

KD 1 week 6 days ago #351943

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1057

Moose wrote:

Logen wrote: I want to be careful here because I wish injury on no one and feel for anyone who has happen to them what Durant had happen. However, as a basketball fan, the article focuses on what has made the NBA dead to me - superstars, not teams; stacking teams, the destruction of any real competitiveness. Finally, the death knell of the league for me, the natural extension of a league that took a team sport and evolved into being about the individual, reffing based on the name on the back of the jersey rather than the integrity of the game.

You're not wrong about anything you said. However the metrics of the League couldn't be higher. And they seem to continually be pointing up. I was never really an NBA fan as a kid. I'd watch but never had a team. I watch a little more now but likely due to just losing interest in other sports.

However I do hate the team stacking and I hope when their next CBA is up that is a point that is addressed. I have no idea how. I don't follow it closely enough to pretend to know what the magic pill is. But agree something should be done.

You are right about the metrics of the league, no question.

Last edit: by Logen.
  • Page:
Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter