Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Homeland And All Things Maher

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 year 3 months ago #302178

• Paul Massell
  • Thank you received: 2044
I may have recommended this earlier in this massive maher thread:
Patriot. It is on Amazon Prime. I noticed the second season is now available but haven't had time to watch yet. I found the first season surprisingly good. Quirky show and the main character is pretty deadpan and the comedy subtle at times and often dark so I think you have to get through an episode or too to really appreciate it.
“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 year 3 months ago #302233

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 4244

Paul Massell wrote: I may have recommended this earlier in this massive maher thread:
Patriot. It is on Amazon Prime. I noticed the second season is now available but haven't had time to watch yet. I found the first season surprisingly good. Quirky show and the main character is pretty deadpan and the comedy subtle at times and often dark so I think you have to get through an episode or too to really appreciate it.

sounds like my type of shoe. Moving it to top of my list

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 year 2 months ago #302880

• gman
  • Thank you received: 705

SI1996 wrote:

gman wrote: I finished Daredevil season 3 today. It was really good. RIP Stan Lee.

Kira and I are off to Budapest this weekend and booked Strasbourg (thru Basel) in a few weeks. Our last trips before her 3rd trimester begins.

DD was really good. Head and shoulders above the other Marvel shows. Thankfully Iron Fist was dropped. Luke Cage was dropped over some sort of 'creative differences'. Hopefully, they can leave DD alone. Not sure when Punisher 2 is coming out but really like Berthnal.

My brother knows Bernthal and he was not happy about season 2. He didn't think it was dark enough.

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 year 2 months ago #302881

• gman
  • Thank you received: 705

mjmaherjr wrote:

gman wrote: I finished Daredevil season 3 today. It was really good. RIP Stan Lee.

Kira and I are off to Budapest this weekend and booked Strasbourg (thru Basel) in a few weeks. Our last trips before her 3rd trimester begins.

Ryanair again ? Damn I wished I lived in Europe for those fares

Changed plans and flew to Peru for long weekend. As I'm flying in this morning who is next to me in the airport ? Alan Garcia their Ex President. ( different flight we were arriving same time but he was coming from Madrid )

Peru Ecuador Soccer Friendly tonight in a friendly. Lets go Peru !!! Roger Waters playing down here saturday but forget about trying to get tix for that. Floyd was huge down here back in the day apparently

Let us know how Budapest was. Never been there so let me know what you thought of it. This is what I arrive to outside one of Nats Apartments. My throngs if supporters celebrating the return of “ El Gringo “ :)

Hungary was beautiful. The architecture was amazing. It looked like a mixture of Madrid and Vienna. It's really 2 cities with Buda up on the hill and Pest down across the Danube. The food was good and again similar to Vienna. We definitely preferred Vienna, but Budapest is worth seeing once.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, L J S A, Knight

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 year 2 months ago #304760

• mjmaherjr

Paultzman wrote: Third season of Narcos starts Friday on Netflix

Almost done with Narcos Mexico. Like it a lot. Didnt realize until I looked at my netflix watch list than Narcos 2 I hadn't finished. Went back a few episodes to rewatch and finish and loved that season !!

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 year 2 months ago #305977

• mjmaherjr
If you haven't seen it yet Watch Berlin Station on Epix. Season 3 starts tonight

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 year 2 months ago #305978

• Moon Mullen
  • Thank you received: 80

mjmaherjr wrote: If you haven't seen it yet Watch Berlin Station on Epix. Season 3 starts tonight

I watched the first episode to season 3 yesterday, off to a great start
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 year 2 months ago #305980

• mjmaherjr

Moon Mullen wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote: If you haven't seen it yet Watch Berlin Station on Epix. Season 3 starts tonight

on demand ? I thought it started tonight. Cool now I'll watch it during halftimes

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 year 2 months ago #305981

• Porgyman
  • Thank you received: 181

gman wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Ryanair again ? Damn I wished I lived in Europe for those fares

Changed plans and flew to Peru for long weekend. As I'm flying in this morning who is next to me in the airport ? Alan Garcia their Ex President. ( different flight we were arriving same time but he was coming from Madrid )

Peru Ecuador Soccer Friendly tonight in a friendly. Lets go Peru !!! Roger Waters playing down here saturday but forget about trying to get tix for that. Floyd was huge down here back in the day apparently

Let us know how Budapest was. Never been there so let me know what you thought of it. This is what I arrive to outside one of Nats Apartments. My throngs if supporters celebrating the return of “ El Gringo “ :)

Hungary was beautiful. The architecture was amazing. It looked like a mixture of Madrid and Vienna. It's really 2 cities with Buda up on the hill and Pest down across the Danube. The food was good and again similar to Vienna. We definitely preferred Vienna, but Budapest is worth seeing once.

Those are exactly my feelings. Vienna is probably my favorite city in Europe. Budapest was really interesting. Unfortunately, I had a brutal head cold while there, and it was the middle of a cold winter. My best experience? The hotel concierge steered me to a restaurant for a bowl of piping hot goulash. Maybe my sickness plays a role in my assessment. It was the best soup that I’ve ever had in my life!

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 year 2 months ago #305982

• Moon Mullen
  • Thank you received: 80

mjmaherjr wrote:

Moon Mullen wrote:

on demand ? I thought it started tonight. Cool now I'll watch it during halftimes

Demand under EPIX.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight