Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Homeland And All Things Maher

Game of Thrones 6 months 2 weeks ago #350251

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 3964
Lobster Roll Sunday. Canterbury Ales in Oyster Bay. Surprisingly excellent roll. They have the hot lobster roll this one and Maine style. This one is definitely 9 claw rating
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Game of Thrones 6 months 2 weeks ago #350253

• Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2673

mjmaherjr wrote: Lobster Roll Sunday. Canterbury Ales in Oyster Bay. Surprisingly excellent roll. They have the hot lobster roll this one and Maine style. This one is definitely 9 claw rating

...making me v. hungry! And a couple 'pale ales' to 'wash' it down? Lol.

Game of Thrones 6 months 2 weeks ago #350254

• mjmaherjr

Chicago Days wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote: Lobster Roll Sunday. Canterbury Ales in Oyster Bay. Surprisingly excellent roll. They have the hot lobster roll this one and Maine style. This one is definitely 9 claw rating

barrier Lomax IPA and Garvies Point Pale Ale. Good stuff
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Game of Thrones 6 months 2 weeks ago #350257

• Chicago Days

mjmaherjr wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

barrier Lomax IPA and Garvies Point Pale Ale. Good stuff

...now I'm envious! Lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Game of Thrones 6 months 2 weeks ago #350265

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3757
Man MJ, that Canterbury Ales lobster roll looks mouth watering. I missed the Cousins Maine Lobster food truck that was at our local brewery today but did have some great local oysters with poached eggs for brunch on Lake Norman earlier today. A lot easier to find great oysters than great lobster rolls down here, lol.

Game of Thrones 6 months 2 weeks ago #350268

• mjmaherjr

NCJohnnie wrote: Man MJ, that Canterbury Ales lobster roll looks mouth watering. I missed the Cousins Maine Lobster food truck that was at our local brewery today but did have some great local oysters with poached eggs for brunch on Lake Norman earlier today. A lot easier to find great oysters than great lobster rolls down here, lol.

we love oysters. When we go to Nola we probably eat 6 dozen a day minimum between regular and char grilled. How much do oysters cost by you at a restaurant ?

Game of Thrones 6 months 2 weeks ago #350270

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3757
MJMaherjr wrote: we love oysters. When we go to Nola we probably eat 6 dozen a day minimum between regular and char grilled. How much do oysters cost by you at a restaurant ?

It varies and usually see it as an appetizer (either raw or lightly fried). At our favorite local place Kindred in Davidson, for $15 get 8 or 9 fried, very lightly breaded oysters which are delicious. For brunch today (different place), I got 6 pan fried oysters, two poached eggs & potatoes for $14.
But my favorite for oysters is a small place in Isle of Palms, SC (just outside of Charleston) called the Long Island Café, which despite the name is a combination of New England and Southern cuisine. For $23, you can get a huge plate of oysters, half broiled and half pan fried which are wonderful. We got to a beach resort there called Wild Dunes right on the ocean where if you're from the northeast you can swim in the ocean in mid April and you have Charleston less than 30 minutes away with that wonderful low-country cuisine.
But for lobster rolls, better off in NY or NE!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Chicago Days

Game of Thrones 6 months 2 weeks ago #350271

• Chicago Days

NCJohnnie wrote: MJMaherjr wrote: we love oysters. When we go to Nola we probably eat 6 dozen a day minimum between regular and char grilled. How much do oysters cost by you at a restaurant ?

It varies and usually see it as an appetizer (either raw or lightly fried). At our favorite local place Kindred in Davidson, for $15 get 8 or 9 fried, very lightly breaded oysters which are delicious. For brunch today (different place), I got 6 pan fried oysters, two poached eggs & potatoes for $14.
But my favorite for oysters is a small place in Isle of Palms, SC (just outside of Charleston) called the Long Island Café, which despite the name is a combination of New England and Southern cuisine. For $23, you can get a huge plate of oysters, half broiled and half pan fried which are wonderful. We got to a beach resort there called Wild Dunes right on the ocean where if you're from the northeast you can swim in the ocean in mid April and you have Charleston less than 30 minutes away with that wonderful low-country cuisine.

Both of you guys are making me famished! Lol.
Haven't had oysters of lobster in a while.
Sashimi Ahi poke in a local wasabi-based sauce is the 'order of the day' on the Big Island.
Plus, great selection s of local fish, like mahimahi, opah, and ono.
But talk of lobster rolls and pan-fired oysters sound declicious!

Game of Thrones 6 months 2 weeks ago #350273

• mjmaherjr

Chicago Days wrote:

NCJohnnie wrote: MJMaherjr wrote: we love oysters. When we go to Nola we probably eat 6 dozen a day minimum between regular and char grilled. How much do oysters cost by you at a restaurant ?

Sashimi Ahi poke in a local wasabi-based sauce is the 'order of the day' on the Big Island.

never had Opah or Ono but love Mahi

Game of Thrones 6 months 2 weeks ago #350274

• Chicago Days

mjmaherjr wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

never had Opah or Ono but love Mahi

Both are mild varieties so ideal with tasty sauces.
Ahi is the prize around here.
Mouth-melting.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight