Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Homeland And All Things Maher

Game of Thrones 2 months 3 weeks ago #350276

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3378
Chicago Days wrote: Both of you guys are making me famished! Lol.
Haven't had oysters of lobster in a while.
Sashimi Ahi poke in a local wasabi-based sauce is the 'order of the day' on the Big Island.
Plus, great selection s of local fish, like mahimahi, opah, and ono.
But talk of lobster rolls and pan-fired oysters sound declicious!

Chicago, believe it or not when I lived in NJ, there was a great seafood restaurant in Pepack-Gladstone (central Jersey) called Opah (no longer there), which always had opah on the menu (must have flown it in). Agree it is a delicious mild white fish. Never had ono, but love ahi tuna & mahi mahi, we grilled some Friday night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Game of Thrones 2 months 3 weeks ago #350277

• Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2551

NCJohnnie wrote: Chicago Days wrote: Both of you guys are making me famished! Lol.
Haven't had oysters of lobster in a while.
Sashimi Ahi poke in a local wasabi-based sauce is the 'order of the day' on the Big Island.
Plus, great selection s of local fish, like mahimahi, opah, and ono.
But talk of lobster rolls and pan-fired oysters sound declicious!

Chicago, believe it or not when I lived in NJ, there was a great seafood restaurant in Pepack-Gladstone (central Jersey) called Opah (no longer there), which always had opah on the menu (must have flown it in). Agree it is a delicious mild white fish. Never had ono, but love ahi tuna & mahi mahi, we grilled some Friday night.

That's funny, NCJ.
Yeah opah a very mild-tasting fish.
Ahi is the delicacy here.
Talk about 'fresh'.
Lol.
And a plate of sushi with ginger and wasabi, special as well.

Game of Thrones 2 months 3 weeks ago #350979

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 3618
The HBO Miniseries Chernobyl is excellent ( if you can get past the fact they are using English Actors ) also really liked the Deadwood Movie last night on HBO

Game of Thrones 2 months 3 weeks ago #350983

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 1613

mjmaherjr wrote: The HBO Miniseries Chernobyl is excellent ( if you can get past the fact they are using English Actors ) also really liked the Deadwood Movie last night on HBO

Also enjoying Chernobyl. Interesting chronicling of a minor nuclear event that may or may not have even happened. Soviet Union proved once again that denial is not just a river in Egypt. Finale should be very interesting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Last edit: by bamafan.

Game of Thrones 2 months 3 weeks ago #351041

• mjmaherjr
Lobster roll from the clam bar next to the bridge in oyster bay. Little outdoor divey place definitely has clawbiance but lobster roll definitely not that good. For a place like this with such clawtential just put freaking butter on it. 7 claw rating and that’s being generous because the service was good and we got good table
Attachments:

Game of Thrones 2 months 3 weeks ago #351045

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 1389

mjmaherjr wrote: Lobster roll from the clam bar next to the bridge in oyster bay. Little outdoor divey place definitely has clawbiance but lobster roll definitely not that good. For a place like this with such clawtential just put freaking butter on it. 7 claw rating and that’s being generous because the service was good and we got good table

I’m going to ask you to give up your lobster roll blogger license soon. The LI lobster roll scene is honestly weak. You have nary a review done in New England where the lobster roll is king. I don’t buy for a minute that the birthplace of the lobster roll was on LI, and I’m a LI guy. The history is deep up here. Time for you to start making some trips to hit the “homeland” of lobster rolls Mike...

Last edit: by MCNPA.

Game of Thrones 2 months 3 weeks ago #351046

• mjmaherjr

MCNPA wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote: Lobster roll from the clam bar next to the bridge in oyster bay. Little outdoor divey place definitely has clawbiance but lobster roll definitely not that good. For a place like this with such clawtential just put freaking butter on it. 7 claw rating and that’s being generous because the service was good and we got good table

I’m going to ask you to give up your lobster roll blogger license soon. The LI lobster roll scene is honestly weak. You have nary a review done in New England where the lobster roll is king. I don’t buy for a minute that the birthplace of the lobster roll was on LI, and I’m a LI guy. The history is deep up here. Time for you to start making some trips to hit the “homeland” of lobster rolls Mike...

definitely trying to work out a 4 or 5 day trip up there this summer after we get back from vacation. I really want to make it up for the Maine lobster festival too

Homeland And All Things Maher 2 months 2 weeks ago #351383

• Knight
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1115
Mike, I saw this in Newsday and knew it was meant for you.
www.newsday.com/lifestyle/restaurants/mu...ong-island-1.5789793
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Homeland And All Things Maher 2 months 2 weeks ago #351384

• mjmaherjr

Knight wrote: Mike, I saw this in Newsday and knew it was meant for you.
www.newsday.com/lifestyle/restaurants/mu...ong-island-1.5789793

Thx you da man !

Homeland And All Things Maher 2 months 1 week ago #351660

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 1613
Nice season finale to Billions last night as 2 main characters ratcheted it up a couple of notches. Should make for a good next season.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter