Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What is your favorite steakhouse cut?

What is your favorite steakhouse cut? 4 months 2 weeks ago #353447

• mkras99
  • Thank you received: 335

Tommy O 54 wrote:

Knight wrote: I was in Jimmy Hayes Steakhouse in Island Park 2 weeks ago. Great food and I got a tour of the meat locker where the steaks are aged.

Was there this past Tuesday garlic bread with Gorgonzola sauce totally ridiculous!

I've never been but don't live that far away (I'm in Rockville Centre). How is Jimmy Hayes and how does it compare to other steakhouses on LI (including Frank's)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What is your favorite steakhouse cut? 4 months 2 weeks ago #353451

• austour
  • Thank you received: 843

MCNPA wrote: Technically a Porterhouse isn’t one cut of meat. It’s a Ny strip and a filet mignon separated by a bone. Most people don’t realize that. That said, I’m a big ribeye fan. It’s the most flavorful cut. I also love skirt steak as well as underrate flatiron steak which is cheaper and excellent. I’d argue that one of the tastiest is there shirt rib, with tons of uses whether it be slow- braised or flanken cut and grilled.

Exactly. That's why I use it. My wife prefers the filet side, me the strip.

What is your favorite steakhouse cut? 4 months 2 weeks ago #353453

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3021
Didn’t some poster have an affiliation to Uncle Jacks Steakhouse or am I imagining that.

What is your favorite steakhouse cut? 4 months 2 weeks ago #353454

• austour

Moose wrote: Didn’t some poster have an affiliation to Uncle Jacks Steakhouse or am I imagining that.

Yeah, that's the one I was referring to a couple pages back. Was it Happy or ThaKid or someone like that? I can't recall.

What is your favorite steakhouse cut? 4 months 2 weeks ago #353456

• Moose

austour wrote:

Moose wrote: Didn’t some poster have an affiliation to Uncle Jacks Steakhouse or am I imagining that.

Yeah, that's the one I was referring to a couple pages back. Was it Happy or ThaKid or someone like that? I can't recall.

Saw this the other day. 3:09 mark.

Side note I hate everything about Barstool. But the pizza reviews literally the only thing I love.
www.barstoolsports.com/video/1350776/bar...amore-pizza-flushing

What is your favorite steakhouse cut? 4 months 2 weeks ago #353457

• Johnnie Drama
  • Thank you received: 119

Moose wrote:

austour wrote:

Side note I hate everything about Barstool. But the pizza reviews literally the only thing I love.

I do happen to know Willie as well. However, if anyone is a Costco member, I would highly recommend picking up their rib cap steaks. You won't get any better.

What is your favorite steakhouse cut? 4 months 2 weeks ago #353460

• mkras99
  • Thank you received: 335

Moose wrote:

austour wrote:

Diehardjohnny - dentist and brother of the owner. Believe he posted more often on the old BEB.

What is your favorite steakhouse cut? 4 months 2 weeks ago #353461

• Moose

mkras99 wrote:

Moose wrote:

austour wrote:

Diehardjohnny - dentist and brother of the owner. Believe he posted more often on the old BEB.

So is that guy his brother?

What is your favorite steakhouse cut? 4 months 2 weeks ago #353462

• Tommy O 54
  • Thank you received: 255

mkras99 wrote:

Tommy O 54 wrote:

Knight wrote: I was in Jimmy Hayes Steakhouse in Island Park 2 weeks ago. Great food and I got a tour of the meat locker where the steaks are aged.

Was there this past Tuesday garlic bread with Gorgonzola sauce totally ridiculous!

I've never been but don't live that far away (I'm in Rockville Centre). How is Jimmy Hayes and how does it compare to other steakhouses on LI (including Frank's)?

Franks is what I would call a B level steakhouse but good, not in the same class as Jimmy Hayes would be in the A level with Luger's, Capitol Grill, Ruth Cris and Morton's etc. The Reason I know a little about steakhouses, I work for 1 of the biggest spirits suppliers in the world and have probably eaten in at least 50 different places in my life! Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

What is your favorite steakhouse cut? 4 months 2 weeks ago #353463

• austour

Moose wrote:

austour wrote:

I've watched that guys show. PS did you see the Barstool guys interview with Soledad O'Brien. What a vile POS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight