Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Best available spring recruits

Best available spring recruits 1 week 2 days ago #354153

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 2525

Logen wrote:

Paul Massell wrote:

But a one year big with size and height is at worst a practice player who they won't have.

Logen wrote: How many grad, one year players want to transfer somewhere to be a practice player?

There are a lot of kids in a lot of different situations at varying levels of basketball. Some kids have high IQ and solid fundamentals but relegated to lesser situations but could "at worst" fill a DI roster. We've had kids like this in the past. We've also had kids like this in the past who ended up playing regular minutes. Sometimes even favor players that got a scholarship. I'd take a 7 footer who can put his arms up in practice for a year and if hits the fan as it has so many times in recent years a guy who could give us 3 minutes in a desperate spot - and you know there will be some desperate situations this season. I'd take:

1) a guy with height with other limitations e.g. Curtis Johnson
2) a really athletic guy with height who ran the floor well with other limitations.
3) a guy with really good hands and sticks to his role but other limitations. guys like this have killed us many times. May not out-athlete anyone but will box out and screen where appropriate and won't get pushed around.

Not disagreeing with your premise necessarily but again, wouldn’t a player transferring for his final year want to go somewhere where he is more or less guaranteed real playing time?

And a chance at winning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best available spring recruits 1 week 2 days ago #354160

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 1032
What about this shot blocker from Miss St.

6'10, 260 lb

247sports.com/Player/Jethro-Tshisumpa-84340/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter