Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Chris Maidoh, PF, Scotland Performance Institute

Chris Maidoh, PF, Scotland Performance Institute 4 months 1 week ago #347945

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1435

isham wrote: I've heard from a good source that coach told his people that he's not ready for a big role on the team next year. Unfortunately his people weren't happy to hear this. Unless he hears the same evaluation from other schools I doubt he's coming

He’s really raw and needs time to develop. He weighs as much as my thigh. Some coaches will blow smoke up kids asses. I don’t suspect that CMA is one of those. We need kids willing to work, not primadonas. If he’s unhappy with that, we move on. He’s got to prove it on the court first. If he’s unwilling then move on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tommy O 54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Chris Maidoh, PF, Scotland Performance Institute 4 months 1 week ago #347949

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551

MCNPA wrote:

isham wrote: I've heard from a good source that coach told his people that he's not ready for a big role on the team next year. Unfortunately his people weren't happy to hear this. Unless he hears the same evaluation from other schools I doubt he's coming

He’s really raw and needs time to develop. He weighs as much as my thigh. Some coaches will blow smoke up kids asses. I don’t suspect that CMA is one of those. We need kids willing to work, not primadonas. If he’s unhappy with that, we move on. He’s got to prove it on the court first. If he’s unwilling then move on.

Obviously believe in CMA's appraisal, but kind-of-funny, the kid has gotten several recent offers and/or interest, from the likes of UGA, UMASS, and Cincinnati.
File this, in 'probably not'. Lol.

Chris Maidoh, PF, Scotland Performance Institute 4 months 1 week ago #347950

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3440
So refreshing to hear we have a head coach who (a) actively recruits but (b) tells kids straight up where they stand. We will be fine going forward. Staff clearly knows what they are doing and don't need advice from us as to who they should go after. I'll just sit back and enjoy a fully functional staff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, Andrew, Tommy O 54

Chris Maidoh, PF, Scotland Performance Institute 4 months 1 week ago #347953

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 1633

NCJohnnie wrote: So refreshing to hear we have a head coach who (a) actively recruits but (b) tells kids straight up where they stand. We will be fine going forward. Staff clearly knows what they are doing and don't need advice from us as to who they should go after. I'll just sit back and enjoy a fully functional staff.

Agree. I'm of the school that first you decide if you want the player then you make him no promises of PT but tell him he can come in and compete for PT and will get it if he earns and deserves it. This allows for being slightly off on your own eval and the player pleasantly surprising you.

Chris Maidoh, PF, Scotland Performance Institute 4 months 1 week ago #347954

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1239

MCNPA wrote:

Could not agree more, earn it. Never want it more than you are willing to work for it.

Chris Maidoh, PF, Scotland Performance Institute 4 months 1 week ago #347969

• gman
  • Thank you received: 647

Stetson is probably promising a prominent role...good to see CMA won’t bend over for recruits.

Chris Maidoh, PF, Scotland Performance Institute 4 months 1 week ago #347975

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 500

gman wrote:

Stetson is probably promising a prominent role...good to see CMA won’t bend over for recruits.

Jarvis once told a potential recruit who was a guard that he could come here but he was also recruiting two other guards who if they came here would play over him. Pissed off he decided not to come here, went to another school within the conference. That player was Quincy Douby.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose, Frank61, SigEpSJU09

Chris Maidoh, PF, Scotland Performance Institute 4 months 1 week ago #347976

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1435
Out of caution, let’s remember that this is not confirmed information. Even my response is only a hypothetical based on isham’s report which may or may not be accurate. . CMA knows how to recruit, pitch and land kids. He’s described as a “straight shooter”. I’m not worried about it at all and we have to take it with a grain of salt at this point. I merely agree with not promising kids the world, but they still need to be given an outline of their potential role here. CMA has a proven track record.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, JohnnyFan

Chris Maidoh, PF, Scotland Performance Institute 4 months 1 week ago #347983

• redmen4life
  • Thank you received: 79

I can’t tell you how much I love this.

It seems like every other coach we’ve had has only been able to sell playing time and the garden. And while we do have PT available next year, I love that CMA is selling honesty, family, hard work, commitment, etc. Those are the things that keeps kids around 4 years. I feel like the most consistent programs sell more than basketball.

The garden and PT can all easily be replaced. But having a coach who’s going to be with you for life is irreplaceable.

Let’s go!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, gonzalo

Last edit: by redmen4life.

Chris Maidoh, PF, Scotland Performance Institute 4 months 1 week ago #348007

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2286

SJU85 wrote:

gman wrote:

Jarvis once told a potential recruit who was a guard that he could come here but he was also recruiting two other guards who if they came here would play over him. Pissed off he decided not to come here, went to another school within the conference. That player was Quincy Douby.

There's a difference between Maidoh not being ready, and whatever weird strategy Jarvis was doing. He was saying weird stuff to top 50 kids.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight