Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Derryck Thornton, PG, USC Transfer

Derryck Thornton, PG, USC Transfer 2 weeks 5 days ago #351419

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551

Making Plays wrote: Still awfully quiet on Thornton. Gonzaga only has 1 scholarship left and I've seen their name linked to other recruits as well including Kerry Blackshear. CMA and staff operate quietly I wonder if the Thornton visit is still happening if it hasn't happened already.

That would be a shocker, given DT's recruitment is higher profile than some other juco's or transfers. But ya never know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Derryck Thornton, PG, USC Transfer 2 weeks 5 days ago #351420

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 12864

Chicago Days wrote:

Making Plays wrote: Still awfully quiet on Thornton. Gonzaga only has 1 scholarship left and I've seen their name linked to other recruits as well including Kerry Blackshear. CMA and staff operate quietly I wonder if the Thornton visit is still happening if it hasn't happened already.

That would be a shocker, given DT's recruitment is higher profile than some other juco's or transfers. But ya never know.

A freshman guard just left Zaga, so space available. Thornton has not visited here to date.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Derryck Thornton, PG, USC Transfer 2 weeks 5 days ago #351428

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 355

Paultzman wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

A freshman guard just left Zaga, so space available. Thornton has not visited here to date.

Yea, Greg Foster Jr. Just seen that. He was listed a guy that could play PG for them as well. I wonder was he pushed out because they want to make room for Thornton and another big.

Derryck Thornton, PG, USC Transfer 2 weeks 5 days ago #351429

• Paultzman
  • Away

Making Plays wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Yea, Greg Foster Jr. Just seen that. He was listed a guy that could play PG for them as well. I wonder was he pushed out because they want to make room for Thornton and another big.

Would think

Derryck Thornton, PG, USC Transfer 2 weeks 4 days ago #351457

• Paultzman
  • Away
Ship has sailed, it seems safe to assume.

Derryck Thornton, PG, USC Transfer 1 week 2 days ago #352287

• PharmDJohnnie11
  • Thank you received: 175
Committed to Boston College...

Derryck Thornton, PG, USC Transfer 1 week 2 days ago #352289

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1025

PharmDJohnnie11 wrote: Committed to Boston College...

BC is as irrelevant as you can get in major hoops. If it's an academic choice though it makes sense.

Derryck Thornton, PG, USC Transfer 1 week 2 days ago #352290

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3270
Maybe BC sold him on an opportunity to be a star there. They were guard heavy last year in terms of leading scorers and two of their top 3 guards are gone.

Derryck Thornton, PG, USC Transfer 1 week 2 days ago #352291

• Paultzman
  • Away

NCJohnnie wrote: Maybe BC sold him on an opportunity to be a star there. They were guard heavy last year in terms of leading scorers and two of their top 3 guards are gone.

Per Jon Rothstein

Jim Christian's ability to put Jerome Robinson and Ky Bowman in position to be drafted in back-to-back seasons had a significant impact on Derryck Thornton's decision to pick Boston College, according to several sources

Zagoria

USC grad transfer Derryck Thornton has committed to Boston College, his father told ZAGSBLOG.
“Education and style of play,” Tank Thornton, Derryck’s father, said in a phone interview. “A Master’s from Boston College is a beautiful thing.

“And style of play. They play through their point guards and we’ve been looking for that since he left high school.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Derryck Thornton, PG, USC Transfer 1 week 2 days ago #352292

• Double J
  • Thank you received: 20
Seems like the rare grad transfer who took his time to make sure he was picking a school that would benefit him both athletically and academically, can't fault him for that. Obviously I would have liked him in a Johnnies uniform but hopefully MA and staff get someone else soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: firestorm, NCJohnnie

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter