Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Andre Curbelo, PG, Lutheran HS

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 1 week ago #352046

• QueensBall
  • Thank you received: 98
This is the guy. Give a good coach a smart, hardworking point guard who will stay for 3 or 4 years and the task becomes much easier. Would be a very impressive get. Hopefully sooner than later. Can't let the big boys start romancing him...
The following user(s) said Thank You: cappy105, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 1 week ago #352047

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3030

Paultzman wrote:

JohnnyFan wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Arguably one of the very best college-ready guards in the high school game, Curbelo is known, first and foremost, for his speed and for just how hard he plays. However, it was nice to see Curbelo grow even more into a playmaking role. His change of gears and abilities off of the high ball screen are second to none.

basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/nbp...m-wednesday-s-action

I am salivating over this prospect for quite some time now. Can't overstate the impact his commitment could have.

Van Macon apparently agrees with you & leading the charge. Fingers crossed.

Van is the Man!
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: cappy105

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 1 week ago #352048

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551

JohnnyFan wrote:

MCNPA wrote: Take both Curbelo and Key in a heartbeat. Package em up!

Take Curbelo and Fudgie the Whale. Kid is worth two scholarships.

Great comment, JF. Lol.
You prefer Curbelo over either Diarra or Hoggard because of his speed and passing skills?
Either of the 3 would be a great 'get' for St. John's, but I see why you like Curbelo best.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 1 week ago #352052

• JohnnyFan
  • JohnnyFan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2120

Chicago Days wrote:

JohnnyFan wrote:

Great comment, JF. Lol.
You prefer Curbelo over either Diarra or Hoggard because of his speed and passing skills?
Either of the 3 would be a great 'get' for St. John's, but I see why you like Curbelo best.

I have seen Curbelo play a few times and came away supremely impressed. On top of the speed and floor vision, he's "heady" and absolutely lives to win basketball games. I like what I read about Diarra and Hoggard. I trust they are good prospects too, but I have never seen them play.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cappy105, JackofVirginia

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 1 week ago #352053

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551

JohnnyFan wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

JohnnyFan wrote:

Great comment, JF. Lol.

I have seen Curbelo play a few times and came away supremely impressed. On top of the speed and floor vision, he's "heady" and absolutely lives to win basketball games. I like what I read about Diarra and Hoggard. I trust they are good prospects too, but I have never seen them play.

Fair enough, JF.
Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 1 week ago #352061

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 500

JohnnyFan wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

JohnnyFan wrote:

Great comment, JF. Lol.

I have also seen Curbelo play a few times and agree with your assessment of him as a player.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 5 days ago #352201

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 1608
The following user(s) said Thank You: cappy105, capmaker, JohnnyFan

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 4 days ago #352236

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 13967
DeAnte Mitchelll noted Curbelo was right outside the top-five in assist per game and played so unselfish that his offense took a hit. He also said Pittsburgh, Florida, Providence and BYU are making him priority right now,

nychoops.rivals.com/news/nbpa-top-100-camp-conclusion-

Johnnies are also making him a big priority obviously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cappy105, Frank61

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 3 days ago #352282

• Paultzman

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 3 days ago #352294

• Paultzman
When talking to Curbelo, he confirmed that he has more than two dozen Division I scholarship offers with schools like Pittsburgh, Florida, Providence and BYU making him a priority. There are plenty more that love his game and he spoke about some of the things that coaches typically say.

“They like the way I play. I don’t rush shots, I don’t take unnecessary shots--I play the game the right way,” he said. “I look out for my teammates, give them the ball, feed them, and I think that’s why I’m getting recruited hard by a couple of colleges.”

Curbelo has a busy summer ahead of him as he heads to Greece to play in the U19 FIBA World Championships and the plethora of basketball opportunities presented to him by the New York Jayhawks.

He doesn’t seem to be thinking about his recruitment at this time, and actually plans on waiting until after the summer to make any recruiting like decisions.

“I don’t know yet where I want to go,” he said. “When I go back home in August, I’m going to sit down with my parents and narrow the list down and see what’s best for me.”

He also said that he will, “try to commit by December.” But for now, it’s about improving his game and getting ready for the FIBA world championship, where he will be playing up a class.
nychoops.rivals.com/news/curbelo-continues-to-prove-his-point
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster, Tommy O 54

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight