Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Andre Curbelo, PG, Lutheran HS

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 1 week 5 days ago #361517

• L J S A
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2408

Valgoth wrote: This was an example of a kid we were on EARLY and it really didn't matter. He didn't want to stay in NY. Good Luck to him. We have been active at LUHI so we should reap some benefits down the road.

The guy who was on him early is no longer at St. John's, though. New staff was smart to grab the guy they could early.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 1 week 5 days ago #361521

• Valgoth
  • Thank you received: 144

MCNPA wrote:

Coaster wrote:

Valgoth wrote: This was an example of a kid we were on EARLY and it really didn't matter. He didn't want to stay in NY. Good Luck to him. We have been active at LUHI so we should reap some benefits down the road.

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that we already had a commitment from a top PG.

I really doubt it. That said we did the right thing grabbing the kid who wants to be here in Posh. I think he’s gonna be excellent and has some really nice physical tools. We didn’t drag it out and landed the guy who ultimately wanted to be here.

Don't get me wrong I agree with CMA's recruiting style. He wants kids who want to be here. Put the offers out and with like skilled kids take the one who pops for you. People forget how high Posh was ranked before he got hurt. I'm very happy.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 1 week 3 hours ago #361929

• Chris7
  • Thank you received: 171
I think it's insane that Illinois is allowed to operate as they are. I was on the LuHi "campus" for a football game recently and people there were openly talking about this situation. It's well known, even to LuHi alums, that funny business is at play here. Ridiculous that these programs can operate freely this way. Pay to play. The NY politics way!

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 1 week 3 hours ago #361931

• SJU14
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 282

Chris7 wrote: I think it's insane that Illinois is allowed to operate as they are. I was on the LuHi "campus" for a football game recently and people there were openly talking about this situation. It's well known, even to LuHi alums, that funny business is at play here. Ridiculous that these programs can operate freely this way. Pay to play. The NY politics way!

The whole world knows that schools like Arizona and LSU and plenty of others are doing this but the NCAA doesn't care because $$$
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris7

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 6 days 18 hours ago #362095

• PharmDJohnnie11
  • Thank you received: 246
SJU should follow suit. Everyone is paying off recruits anyway which puts us at a major disadvantage. It's like brining a knife to a gun fight when competing against the higher end programs that are paying kids.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 6 days 13 hours ago #362107

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1449

PharmDJohnnie11 wrote: SJU should follow suit. Everyone is paying off recruits anyway which puts us at a major disadvantage. It's like brining a knife to a gun fight when competing against the higher end programs that are paying kids.

Not gonna happen and rightfully so. I may a naive idiot but the satisfaction anyway gets from succeeding by cheating absolutely escapes me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, redmannorth, Paultzman, section10, Moose, gonzalo, L J S A, NCJohnnie

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 6 days 10 hours ago #362121

• JohnnyFan
  • JohnnyFan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2231

Logen wrote:

PharmDJohnnie11 wrote: SJU should follow suit. Everyone is paying off recruits anyway which puts us at a major disadvantage. It's like brining a knife to a gun fight when competing against the higher end programs that are paying kids.

Not gonna happen and rightfully so. I may a naive idiot but the satisfaction anyway gets from succeeding by cheating absolutely escapes me.

Not to mention, if SJUBB got caught, the outcome would look much different than the Kansas situation.

By the way......I am more of the mind that Curbelo went with a family connection. Perhaps there was some funny business, but Dad's connection likely a big part of it.

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 6 days 9 hours ago #362129

• billthetruth
  • Thank you received: 225

JohnnyFan wrote:

Logen wrote:

Not to mention, if SJUBB got caught, the outcome would look much different than the Kansas situation.

By the way......I am more of the mind that Curbelo went with a family connection. Perhaps there was some funny business, but Dad's connection likely a big part of it.

Best of luck to him. His loss as his style of play would have been perfect for Anderson's system.

That said, hoping Posh turns out to be the Mark Jackson to the Curbelo,, Diarra (Kenny Smith, Pearl Washington)

Last edit: by billthetruth.
Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight