Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 4 months 2 weeks ago #377984

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3560

bamafan wrote:

L J S A wrote:

Moose wrote:

SJU61982 wrote: Hope this kid is the goods, because there's going to be a lot of pressure on him, from the outset (rightly or wrongly).

That's what worries me. He is the good but the pressure will be there and will be there too soon.

Seems like a pretty good reason to send feelers out to a certain Ivy League PG to see if he'd rather stay in New York for one more year as opposed to heading closer to home.

Not sure if an IVY leaguer could hack it academically at St. John's. :dry:

So true! Max Hooper flunked out. Heard he was a very slow server on the soup line at the Bread & Life Program. ;)
As for Mike Smith it is a nice story for a player unranked out of high school to success in the Ivy league but I much rather see Johnathan McGriff, a 3 star recruit with an incredible handle, stay at St. John's as he was CMA's first recruit. Posh, Williams, Dunn and McGriff along with Wusu seem adequate for the 1 or 2 position.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: shamsman2, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 4 months 2 weeks ago #378046

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 19128

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 4 months 2 weeks ago #378051

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2483

Paultzman wrote:

Watched the game. Both posh and Wusu gonna be real good for us, especially Posh. He’s got great vision and passing ability. Last game he made a ton of threes too so he has to be guarded. Talent level certainly going up. Posh will be our Pg for foreseeable future. He needs to and will learn how to defend with better positioning under CMA and will be in top notch shape. A few more weapons for posh to get the ball to and we are rolling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 4 months 2 weeks ago #378053

• billthetruth
  • Thank you received: 291

MCNPA wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Watched the game. Both posh and Wusu gonna be real good for us, especially Posh. He’s got great vision and passing ability. Last game he made a ton of threes too so he has to be guarded. Talent level certainly going up. Posh will be our Pg for foreseeable future. He needs to and will learn how to defend with better positioning under CMA and will be in top notch shape. A few more weapons for posh to get the ball to and we are rolling.

A big and another 3 point shooting forward to run with Cole.

Dunn, Alexander, and McGriff are going to penetrate and kick the ball to corner for a lot of open 3s next year. Need a Sean McDermott type to fill that role.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 4 months 2 weeks ago #378055

• billthetruth
  • Thank you received: 291
Maybe another summer of basketball from Earlington and he becomes a great 3point shooter. He has shown a nice smooth stroke from 3 in recent games

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 4 months 2 weeks ago #378057

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 317
Hope he can get at least to 37% from 3

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 4 months 2 weeks ago #378058

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 317
Well once again we don’t make his cut. Thought we were on him but I guess I heard wrong
Thought he was mention on our site

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 4 months 2 weeks ago #378059

• BrooklynRed
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 265

usguard wrote: Hope he can get at least to 37% from 3

Strange but in conference play he is shooting 40% while overall 29%--quite a disparity.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 4 months 2 weeks ago #378062

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 907

usguard wrote: Well once again we don’t make his cut. Thought we were on him but I guess I heard wrong

Who are you talking about?
The following user(s) said Thank You: capmaker

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 4 months 2 weeks ago #378064

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 2217

richard A Steinfeld wrote:

usguard wrote: Well once again we don’t make his cut. Thought we were on him but I guess I heard wrong

Who are you talking about?

Could be anybody. :lol:

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight