Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 day ago #386583

• Chicago Days
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2982
Explosive in spades. The kid seems incredibly under-rated. Of course, the only 'ratings' that matter are what CMA thinks...and his performance at St. John's. Looking forward to watching Posh, the other 2020 recruits , and the team in action in 2020-21.
Hopefully, it's safe and it happens soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, SJU85, simplyred, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Andrew, RedStormNC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 day ago #386587

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 4701
Posh was vastly underrated going into his senior year due to his injury and missed time as I recall Dink pointing out on several occasions. Basketball Times has him at #66 nationally in its May 2020 rankings and ESPN has him as a four star just outside of its top 100. He should be a huge upgrade for us. As Chicago says, hope we can see these new guys before too long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Andrew, Chicago Days, QueensBall

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 day ago #386588

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2482
Posh gonna be a problem for the rest of the Big East. He’s got a great motor and explosiveness. Really tough kid and good court general. Totally underrated at this point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 day ago #386602

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 1070

Paultzman wrote:

Love this video!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 day ago #386614

• QueensBall
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 463

NCJohnnie wrote: Posh was vastly underrated going into his senior year due to his injury and missed time as I recall Dink pointing out on several occasions. Basketball Times has him at #66 nationally in its May 2020 rankings and ESPN has him as a four star just outside of its top 100. He should be a huge upgrade for us. As Chicago says, hope we can see these new guys before too long.

I agree with all of this.

I'm not someone who dismisses rankings but also don't solely judge recruiting success based on them. I think they're one very helpful indicator of a player's potential. Posh as a sophmore was ranked much higher than most of the other PGs we were chasing in his class. He fell because of the broken arm and then was judged harshly when he came back from the year off rusty and out of shape. If he was still an ESPN or 247 Top 100 he would never drop out of those rankings and would probably rise a bit based on his performance as a healthy senior. He outplayed multiple guys ranked higher than him. Rankings don't tell the story with him. Getting Posh when we saw that Curbelo or Diarra weren't going to work out was an early indicator to me that this staff has a practical yet shrewd approach to recruiting. He has to prove it before we call him a program savior or all time Johnnie great but I do think a healthy Posh Alexander for 4 years in high school probably would have been snatched up by a Kansas or Michigan State level of program. I think we're going to look back and realize how fortunate we were.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by QueensBall.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 day ago #386617

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2754

NCJohnnie wrote: Posh was vastly underrated going into his senior year due to his injury and missed time as I recall Dink pointing out on several occasions. Basketball Times has him at #66 nationally in its May 2020 rankings and ESPN has him as a four star just outside of its top 100. He should be a huge upgrade for us. As Chicago says, hope we can see these new guys before too long.

All I know is the kid was a top 75 player by Rivals and 247 about a year and a half to two years ago and suddenly started to drop after he broke his arm. I do know there are many instances where a kid is ranked too highly at one juncture in HS and then their ranking descends because they were simply over-ranked for a myriad of reasons (ie, they were either just more physically mature than their peers, peers catch up and pass 'em, their play fall off).

I just have this hunch that Posh was one of those situations where he was "out of sight, out of mind." I hope he also uses his ranking descension as a motivational tool.

I think around midseason, if not sooner, Posh will start to take off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, RedStormRising, Chicago Days, QueensBall, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by MJDinkins.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 day ago #386618

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 1147

MCNPA wrote: Posh gonna be a problem for the rest of the Big East. He’s got a great motor and explosiveness. Really tough kid and good court general. Totally underrated at this point.

Plus the influence he will have on other talented local players with his message = it is acceptable even "cool" to play for St. Johns!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster, Chicago Days

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 2 months 21 hours ago #386668

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 609

MCNPA wrote: Posh gonna be a problem for the rest of the Big East. He’s got a great motor and explosiveness. Really tough kid and good court general. Totally underrated at this point.

We will always be a physically tough team under CMA. Will never be pusahed around because we will always be the aggressor
The following user(s) said Thank You: MCNPA, Chicago Days

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 2 months 20 hours ago #386669

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2482

Section3 wrote:

We will always be a physically tough team under CMA. Will never be pusahed around because we will always be the aggressor

Agree. Absolutely loved our style this year. I’ve never seen that fight overall from a SJU team consistently. Very prepared. We went down hig at times and zero question we’d almost always fight back. Posh is just that type of guard who embodies toughness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 2 months 8 hours ago #386682

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 1147

QueensBall wrote:

I agree with all of this.

I'm not someone who dismisses rankings but also don't solely judge recruiting success based on them. I think they're one very helpful indicator of a player's potential. Posh as a sophmore was ranked much higher than most of the other PGs we were chasing in his class. He fell because of the broken arm and then was judged harshly when he came back from the year off rusty and out of shape. If he was still an ESPN or 247 Top 100 he would never drop out of those rankings and would probably rise a bit based on his performance as a healthy senior. He outplayed multiple guys ranked higher than him. Rankings don't tell the story with him. Getting Posh when we saw that Curbelo or Diarra weren't going to work out was an early indicator to me that this staff has a practical yet shrewd approach to recruiting. He has to prove it before we call him a program savior or all time Johnnie great but I do think a healthy Posh Alexander for 4 years in high school probably would have been snatched up by a Kansas or Michigan State level of program. I think we're going to look back and realize how fortunate we were.

Thanks QB (allow me to sprinkle in a little American history)
Coincidentally I just shared the following with a few West Point "brothers" - I am an admirer of Ulysses Grant - your post strikes me of the notion "you can't judge a book by its over" - Post was injured and rusty but underneath a sterling player.
Grant (West Point Class of 1843) from the outside was not overly impressive in dress and style. However...

1.Union General William T. Sherman West Point Class of 1840 commenting on fellow West Pointer Grant - "A more unpromising boy never entered the Military Academy...Let this be a lesson to all of us. Looks are deceiving."

2.Confederate General James Longstreet West Point Class of 1842 - "Do you know Grant well? (to Lee's staff) I was in the Corps of Cadets with him for three years at West Point. I was present at his wedding. I served in the same (Union) army with him in Mexico. I have observed his methods of warfare in the West, and I believe I know him through and through
and I tell you we cannot afford to underrate him and the army he commands".

All the best to Red Storm Nation
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackfro, fuchsia

Last edit: by Sherman, Sheridan & Grant.
Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight