Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 month 2 weeks ago #387821

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 19128
Posh # 40 of Rivals final rating of 2020 PGs. Clearly he is better than that imo & lucky to have him.

n.rivals.com/position_rankings/Basketball/2020/PG
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 month 2 weeks ago #387823

• Chicago Days
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2984
Excited to have gotten the guy and am stunned he's ranked so low. He was injured in his junior year but had a stellar senior year against superb competition in HS and in the AAU circuit. Don't get it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 month 2 weeks ago #387825

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 4701
Motivation is always a good thing! He should probably be about half of that ranking number and I expect he'll prove it once he can get on the court.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 month 2 weeks ago #387827

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 2217

Paultzman wrote: Posh # 40 of Rivals final rating of 2020 PGs. Clearly he is better than that imo & lucky to have him.

n.rivals.com/position_rankings/Basketball/2020/PG

In college football there is alleged to be what is known as the Bama bump that is after Bama receives a commitment that recruit's rating is bumped up higher. The situation with Posh seems to be the St. John's dump that is to say because he is a St. John's recruit his ranking is lower than warranted. Rather have our recruits turn out to be underrated than overrated anyway. Now that this area is not the fertile recruiting ground it once was seems the recruiting guru's underrate the local kids ie. Posh and Jordan Riley a 3 star.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 month 2 weeks ago #387832

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2483
Grossly underrated. I’m good with that. Let everybody sleep on us. Rude awakening coming for lots of teams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tommy O 54

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 month 1 week ago #387877

• Rehobie
  • Thank you received: 48
Hard to evaluate where Posh stands not having seen the other players.
I have seen Posh (Wusu) twice. To their benefit OSL plays the same style, picking up full court, trapping in the corners etc.
Posh is very quick, penetrates well for easy dump offs. He is not a guy you want shooting a three.
As for Wusu I would describe him as a bull. Fearless going to the basket and not afraid to put up a three even though he was an average shooter IMO.
To the bored you can catch OSL vs Legacy and SJU potential recruit Ike Cotton on YOUTUBE at slam dunk to the beach. Happy viewing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, RedStormNC, QueensBall

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 month 1 week ago #387879

• QueensBall
  • Thank you received: 463
Really excited about Posh. Hoping he can come in, contribute as a freshman and be a stabilizing presence at PG for 4 years. Feels like we haven't had that for awhile (I know Ponds was here 3 but he was always more of scorer than distributer)
I'm jealous of programs that have 4-year pgs like Peyton Pritchard or Kamar Baldwin. It seems like it really helps stabilize a program when there's consistency and experience at that position. I know it's unfair to compare Posh to those guys (his game is also different from either) before he's played a game but that type of impact is my hope for him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 month 1 week ago #387881

• QueensBall
  • Thank you received: 463

Rehobie wrote: Hard to evaluate where Posh stands not having seen the other players.
I have seen Posh (Wusu) twice. To their benefit OSL plays the same style, picking up full court, trapping in the corners etc.
Posh is very quick, penetrates well for easy dump offs. He is not a guy you want shooting a three.
As for Wusu I would describe him as a bull. Fearless going to the basket and not afraid to put up a three even though he was an average shooter IMO.
To the bored you can catch OSL vs Legacy and SJU potential recruit Ike Cotton on YOUTUBE at slam dunk to the beach. Happy viewing.

Thanks Rehobie. I'll be checking it out. Also appreciate your comment about his 3pt shooting. One of the only games I watched (also from YouTube) Posh hit 3 or 4 straight 3's in the span of a couple minutes. It defied my expectations (pleasantly) since I'd heard he wasn't really an outside shooter. I'm glad you can help readjust my expectations to a more realistic/appropriate level

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 month 1 week ago #387893

• Monte
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3002
Just wondering how many of you who call Posh "underrated/underranked" have actually seen the kid play in person? I haven't, so i have no clue one way or the other.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RM86, capmaker

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 month 1 week ago #387902

• Chicago Days
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2984

Monte wrote: Just wondering how many of you who call Posh "underrated/underranked" have actually seen the kid play in person? I haven't, so i have no clue one way or the other.

Good point Monte. I've seen highlights and parts of a couple games. But basing my 'under-rated / under-ranked' view on his ranking before he was injured. I think he was rated above some players he now lags. The current rankings do not seem to give him any credit for a great senior year and an impressive comeback from a nasty injury.
Admittedly, my view is limited and very partial! Lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight