Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit)

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 week 3 days ago #387908

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 2168

Monte wrote: Just wondering how many of you who call Posh "underrated/underranked" have actually seen the kid play in person? I haven't, so i have no clue one way or the other.

Never saw Michael Jordan play in person but just by watching him on TV I still am of the opinion that he was pretty good. ;) :) :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 week 3 days ago #387910

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 2926

bamafan wrote:

Monte wrote: Just wondering how many of you who call Posh "underrated/underranked" have actually seen the kid play in person? I haven't, so i have no clue one way or the other.

Never saw Michael Jordan play in person but just by watching him on TV I still am of the opinion that he was pretty good. ;) :) :lol:

Guessing that the MVPs, all star game appearances and world championships probably sealed the deal for you? lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, Chicago Days

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 week 3 days ago #387911

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2408

Chicago Days wrote:

Good point Monte. I've seen highlights and parts of a couple games. But basing my 'under-rated / under-ranked' view on his ranking before he was injured. I think he was rated above some players he now lags. The current rankings do not seem to give him any credit for a great senior year and an impressive comeback from a nasty injury.
Admittedly, my view is limited and very partial! Lol.

Lots of OSL games are in full and available online. He’s played against good talent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Moose, bamafan

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 week 2 days ago #387923

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 310
Well coach has a diff view

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 week 2 days ago #387925

• usguard
I’ll go along with that many times staff sees players on tape ,tv and can make an evaluation

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 week 2 days ago #387929

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2408

usguard wrote: I’ll go along with that many times staff sees players on tape ,tv and can make an evaluation

My thing is this. Posh was a top 70 kid before breaking his arm. He had an absolutely fantastic senior season, against top competition. The OSL team was one of the tops in the country and his numbers were incredible overall. He even scored 60 points against Word Of God academy, hitting something like 24/40 shots and breaking Rawle Alkins record for that tournament. Word of God academy is no slouch team either. His ranking never got back to what it was pre-injury and most didn’t even re-rank him, despite him having a senior season that is pretty hard numbers-wise to top.

If somebody rates 40+ Pg’s in the class ahead of him, he’s incredibly underrated. He’s not been stopped by anybody he’s played and put up phenomenal numbers this year. In addition, like I said, lots of his full games available online with The Grind session and other places. I’m very happy to have him here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: REB, Chicago Days

Last edit: by MCNPA.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 week 2 days ago #387933

• usguard
Totally,agree with you

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 week 2 days ago #387939

• Monte
I'll wait and decide for myself. To many times Ive heard the same song and dance from the so-called "experts" on this board about one of our recruits being much better then their ranking. I get it, we're still riding the high from last years overachievement of a bunch of kids. So the tendency is to assume that CMA has some sort of special eye for talent. Glad we got Posh, time will tell if he's underrated, overrated or rated right where he should be.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 week 2 days ago #387940

• Monte

Monte wrote: I'll wait and decide for myself. To many times Ive heard the same song and dance from the so-called "experts" on this board about one of our recruits being much better then their ranking. I get it, we're still riding the high from last year's overachievement of a bunch of kids. So the tendency is to assume that CMA has some sort of special eye for talent. Glad we got Posh, time will tell if he's underrated, overrated or rated right where he should be.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 week 2 days ago #387941

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3484
Monte, I agree with both your posts even though they said the exact same thing. LOL
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight