Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Josh Gray, C, PSA Cardinals

Josh Gray, C, PSA Cardinals 2 weeks 1 day ago #357268

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 13941
Why he can push for the Rivals150: There aren’t many 7-footers with mobility and upside as a rim protector and rebounder left and that’s going to make Gray a priority. He has all of the tools to be a high level prospect and now it’s just a matter of showing up to compete with intensity and producing on a more regular basis.

Recruitment: Offers from Connecticut, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Rhode Island, Rutgers, St. John’s and others. He may be one who waits until the spring to decide.

basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bos...usp-of-the-rivals150
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, Tommy O 54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Josh Gray, C, PSA Cardinals 2 weeks 5 hours ago #357287

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1070
Would love to finally have a legitimately-sized, consistent and solid big with any semblance of an offense, but I've been begging for almost 10 years and it hasn't happened yet, so going to expect worst and hope for best. I get worried anytime a recruit takes a long time to decide, as it allows all the other schools especially the blue bloods to get involved at the last second and leave us with a plan B or C. I don't like Goodman at all, but he was right when he said we need to prove we can beat out the UConn's, Cuse's, etc. rather than Illinois like for Posh. Posh was a great start, but if we don't get real bigs soon, I fear we will be in the same boat we have been under the Mullin teams i.e. always missing a big man. College is a guards game still, but even with great guards if you don't have a real big man, you will underperform and if you make it to the NCAA's, all it will take to eliminate you is being slotted to play a team with one decent big at 6'10+ which many many have. That was ESPN's write up and they were correct. Under the section, "How Far They Will Go" for the tourney preview last year it said, "They will lose as soon as they play a big team". I'd be in the ears of kids in the MAAC, A-10, etc. to steal some of their bigs in transfers if we really are incapable of landing them consistently.

Josh Gray, C, PSA Cardinals 1 week 1 day ago #357592

• Paultzman
  • Away
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tommy O 54

Josh Gray, C, PSA Cardinals 1 week 1 day ago #357595

• MainMan
  • Thank you received: 306
Priority #1 for him is getting a guy with an iPhone to shoot his games.

Josh Gray, C, PSA Cardinals 1 week 1 day ago #357608

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 833

MainMan wrote: Priority #1 for him is getting a guy with an iPhone to shoot his games.

Couple 50 second clips in this article. Size won’t be an issue. Seems CMA wants a 6’10+ kid to work with.

Josh Gray, C, PSA Cardinals 6 days 23 hours ago #357679

• Paultzman
  • Away
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, gonzalo, capmaker

Josh Gray, C, PSA Cardinals 6 days 17 hours ago #357698

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 2131

Paultzman wrote: davesjoint.net/2019/09/12/this-is-new-yo...e-felt-in-the-paint/

Seems like a very level headed young man with a great attitude. I think he would thrive under a coach like CMA and i would be delighted if he was a part of the 2020 class. Seems there is work to be done offensively but a shot blocker and rebounder to start would really be great. Looking forward to having him come home from Connecticut.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, gonzalo, L J S A, NCJohnnie

Josh Gray, C, PSA Cardinals 1 day 22 hours ago #357949

• Paultzman
  • Away
#UConn assistant Tom Moore was at Putnam Science Academy yesterday to see Josh Gray, a 6-11 2020 center, and Juju Murray, a point guard.

@DavidBorges

Josh Gray, C, PSA Cardinals 1 day 19 hours ago #357958

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 230
What are our chances with this recruit

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight