Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 3 months 3 days ago #354235

• Anthony Mattia
  • Thank you received: 127

Paultzman wrote: HASSAN DIARRA | PSA CARDINALS

Class of 2020 guard Hassan Diarra stepped up for the PSA Cardinals in a big way. He scored 21 points and dished out a key four assists. There are few players that I’ve seen play with his level of intensity and work ethic on both ends. He’s played a key role in his team’s 2-1 record and has helped put them in a position to make it out of pool play.
www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/1034416

We seem to be seeing the bolded portion a lot in regards to Diarra. Makes me really want him. Any idea what our chances with him are?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 3 months 3 days ago #354236

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 14295

Anthony Mattia wrote:

Paultzman wrote: HASSAN DIARRA | PSA CARDINALS

Class of 2020 guard Hassan Diarra stepped up for the PSA Cardinals in a big way. He scored 21 points and dished out a key four assists. There are few players that I’ve seen play with his level of intensity and work ethic on both ends. He’s played a key role in his team’s 2-1 record and has helped put them in a position to make it out of pool play.
www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/1034416

We seem to be seeing the bolded portion a lot in regards to Diarra. Makes me really want him. Any idea what our chances with him are?

All of these guys like Diarra will be challenging, but all staff can do is give it their best shot. Locally, they have spent a lot of time recently pursuing players like Diarra, Springs, Posh Alexander, Key & Curbelo. Where that leads will be evident when visits are accepted or not. Of course they could also surprise getting visits from non local players like Brakefield, but obviously they are challenging recruitments as well.

Imo, it is also evident that they are aggressively pursuing a few Juco kids to compensate for expected loss of Figgy & Heron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, gonzalo, Frank61, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Andrew, Anthony Mattia, Tommy O 54

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 3 months 3 days ago #354239

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 1155
Paultz, how are we looking with HD?

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 3 months 3 days ago #354240

• Paultzman

Knight wrote: Paultz, how are we looking with HD?

See above response
The following user(s) said Thank You: Knight

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 2 months 3 weeks ago #354607

• Paultzman
Zach B
Spoke to St. John's target Hassan Diarra, a four-star Queens native. Told me St. John's has been very active. He talks to Mike Anderson and Van Macon a lot. #sjubb
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, redmannorth, SJU85, MJDinkins, gonzalo, Frank61, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, L J S A, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie and 2 other people also said thanks.

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 2 months 3 weeks ago #354612

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 1683
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Tommy O 54

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 2 months 3 weeks ago #354614

• Paultzman
NY Post article expected soon on Diarra btw. Also Heron piece will now be on Monday. Love off season coverage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, SJU85, Andrew, JohnnyFan, Tommy O 54

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 2 months 3 weeks ago #354637

• bobo
  • Thank you received: 45
Losing feels worse than winning feels good
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, L J S A, Patrick C ripdumaine, Tommy O 54

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 2 months 2 weeks ago #355332

• gonzalo
  • Thank you received: 195

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 2 months 2 weeks ago #355350

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Thank you received: 680
Hassan Diarra still thinking visits

VIP ByBRIAN SNOW 15 minutes ago

The PSA Cardinals had one of the most complete backcourts in the entire country this spring and summer, and a big part of that was Hassan Diarra. The point guard from New York showed his unique combination of toughness and skill, and helped lead PSA to a spot in the Peach Jam.

Checking in as the No. 77 ranked prospect in the industry generated 247Sports Composite Ranking for the class of 2020, the 6-foot-2 Diarra has seen his recruitment pickup, and he has become one of the top priorities for numerous schools in the class.

About his spring and summer with the PSA Cardinals, Diarra said, “The summer went pretty well. I feel like I played well at Peach Jam. Playing with the PSA Cardinals was a great experience.”

He continued, “I would say I have improved a lot at being more of a point guard. Also, my jump shot got better. I still need to improve with my shot, but it definitely got better. The biggest thing though, is I got better as a leader.”

With offers from schools such as Dayton, Indiana, Georgia, St. John’s, NC State, Illinois, Texas A&M, Seton Hall, and a host of others, Diarra is clearly a wanted man on the recruiting trail.

When asked where things stand in his recruitment, Diarra said, “I’m still open right now. A lot of schools are involved. I haven’t cut my list or taken any official visits. I will make my decision on where I will visit when I get back to high school, and I will go from there.”

One school that has received an unofficial visit is St. John’s, and new coach Mike Anderson is hoping to keep one of the area’s best home.

About his visit to St. John’s, Diarra said, “They just want to make sure that I know I am a priority. When I was there on a visit, it was great. It is a small campus and I liked the coaches and the system they play.”

Another school that has been very heavily involved with Diarra is Georgia. Tom Crean has had success recruiting the PSA Cardinals in the past, and now he is trying to build a strong bond with Diarra.

“Georgia, Coach Crean’s message to me is that he wants to make me an NBA point guard,” said Diarra of the Bulldogs. “He talks to me about how he will help me improve and get better, and ultimately live my dream of being an NBA player.”

The Indiana Hoosiers have also been looking to add to their backcourt in this recruiting cycle. Diarra has been a significant target for Archie Miller, and he continues to make Diarra a top priority.

“Indiana, Coach Miller talks to me a lot,” noted Diarra. “He wants me to know that Indiana could be a good place for me, and that he could continue to help me get better as a player.”

While a decision from Diarra isn’t imminent, Diarra does know what he will be looking for in the program he commits to.

“I am definitely looking for the place that is the best fit,” said Diarra. “I want to have a good relationship with the head coach, go to a place that wins, and then also be somewhere that they do a good job of developing their players.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Amaseinyourface

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight