Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Christian Guess, 2020 Tallahassee CC, 6'5 SG / Wing

Christian Guess, 2020 Tallahassee CC, 6'5 SG / Wing 4 months 3 weeks ago #358491

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 16872
Tallahassee #3 in Street & Smith with Guess reference
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerseyshorejohnny, JohnnyFan, Tommy O 54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Christian Guess, 2020 Tallahassee CC, 6'5 SG / Wing 4 months 2 weeks ago #359093

• Tommy O 54
  • Thank you received: 286
Is He now not in play for us? or still a possibility?

Last edit: by Tommy O 54.

Christian Guess, 2020 Tallahassee CC, 6'5 SG / Wing 4 months 2 weeks ago #359109

• Steve Knortz
  • Thank you received: 50
Is the 10/18 visit still on? Given SJU is currently over the scholarship limit, and Guess is not a big man, I am wondering if there is still a spot for him?

Christian Guess, 2020 Tallahassee CC, 6'5 SG / Wing 4 months 2 weeks ago #359110

• Paultzman
Seems logical visit would be cancelled, but nothing has surfaced on that yet. It should be clear shortly I assume.

Christian Guess, 2020 Tallahassee CC, 6'5 SG / Wing 3 months 4 days ago #362668

• Paultzman
Noticed Guess is no longer listed on Talahasseee CC roster. I recall he had academic course work to complete over summer. Perhaps it is related to that. Choosing Cole over Guess seems prudent in retrospect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, redmannorth, Moose, Coaster, NCJohnnie

Christian Guess, 2020 Tallahassee CC, 6'5 SG / Wing 3 months 4 days ago #362688

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 4143
Paultzman wrote: Noticed Guess is no longer listed on Talahasseee CC roster. I recall he had academic course work to complete over summer. Perhaps it is related to that. Choosing Cole over Guess seems prudent in retrospect.

I wonder if this may be another example of how thorough staff is in doing their due diligence with respect to recruiting and making sure the kids they get are not just good players but solid in all areas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, IDRAFT, RedStormRising, QueensBall

Christian Guess, 2020 Tallahassee CC, 6'5 SG / Wing 3 months 4 days ago #362749

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 2734

NCJohnnie wrote: Paultzman wrote: Noticed Guess is no longer listed on Talahasseee CC roster. I recall he had academic course work to complete over summer. Perhaps it is related to that. Choosing Cole over Guess seems prudent in retrospect.

I wonder if this may be another example of how thorough staff is in doing their due diligence with respect to recruiting and making sure the kids they get are not just good players but solid in all areas.

This board would have exploded had we signed a kid early and he wound up being academically ineligible.
Thank g d that didn’t happen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QueensBall, NCJohnnie

Christian Guess, 2020 Tallahassee CC, 6'5 SG / Wing 3 months 4 days ago #362753

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2053
In addition, we have enough Jucos in this class. Staff should use any further scholarships available on the best possible impact-type player. We’ve heard rumors it might be a big, but I’ll guess thag they’ll leave their options open and use any further scholarships wisely. We grabbed Moore instead of guess and I honestly think that was a very good move, grabbing more size as well as skill.

Christian Guess, 2020 Tallahassee CC, 6'5 SG / Wing 3 months 4 days ago #362754

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2678

MCNPA wrote: In addition, we have enough Jucos in this class. Staff should use any further scholarships available on the best possible impact-type player. We’ve heard rumors it might be a big, but I’ll guess thag they’ll leave their options open and use any further scholarships wisely. We grabbed Moore instead of guess and I honestly think that was a very good move, grabbing more size as well as skill.

I could be wrong, but by my count the current roster, X-Figgy, has 9 roster guys for next year + the 4 recruits = 13.
IMO, it'l be very interesting to see what the Staff decides to do via pursuing New Recruit X or Y or stays put.
We shall see.

Christian Guess, 2020 Tallahassee CC, 6'5 SG / Wing 3 months 4 days ago #362823

• austour
  • Thank you received: 920

Chicago Days wrote:

MCNPA wrote: In addition, we have enough Jucos in this class. Staff should use any further scholarships available on the best possible impact-type player. We’ve heard rumors it might be a big, but I’ll guess thag they’ll leave their options open and use any further scholarships wisely. We grabbed Moore instead of guess and I honestly think that was a very good move, grabbing more size as well as skill.

I could be wrong, but by my count the current roster, X-Figgy, has 9 roster guys for next year + the 4 recruits = 13.
IMO, it'l be very interesting to see what the Staff decides to do via pursuing New Recruit X or Y or stays put.
We shall see.

You are correct that there are presently 14 players eligible for scholarships next year between non sr's on the roster and signees. Obviously something or somethings will change.

Last edit: by austour.
Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight