Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Jamir Watkins, F, Trenton Catholic, NJ

Jamir Watkins, F, Trenton Catholic, NJ 6 days 3 hours ago #357722

• redmannorth
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2131

Moose wrote: VCU

Wish Watkins all the very best and would not have been sad if we grabbed him. However Foster being a JCAA is a recruit who would be ready to play And contribute in a major way as and from Day 1. Cole and Foster With Posh would make a this a home run class. Fingers crossed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, MarkRedman, panther2, L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jamir Watkins, F, Trenton Catholic, NJ 6 days 3 hours ago #357724

• MarkRedman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1309

redmannorth wrote:

Wish Watkins all the very best and would not have been sad if we grabbed him. However Foster being a JCAA is a recruit who would be ready to play And contribute in a major way as and from Day 1. Cole and Foster With Posh would make a this a home run class. Fingers crossed.

I'm with you, Aubie. That would be a great first recruiting class for CMA and staff. They have worked extremely hard during this recruiting cycle and deserve the fruits of their labor. I am really excited for the future of our program. These guys clearly have it trending in the right direction.

Jamir Watkins, F, Trenton Catholic, NJ 6 days 1 hour ago #357729

• redmannorth
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2131

MarkRedman wrote:

redmannorth wrote:

I'm with you, Aubie. That would be a great first recruiting class for CMA and staff. They have worked extremely hard during this recruiting cycle and deserve the fruits of their labor. I am really excited for the future of our program. These guys clearly have it trending in the right direction.

Sometimes you can work very hard but it may not achieve success. I believe this staff is working hard and smart , an important distinction. They are not chasing the 5 stars who we waste 3-4 years on and who end up at Kentucky , Louisville etc at the last moment and we have zero to show for it. They are involved with high level 3 and some 4 star recruits as well as very high ranked jucos. We always had and will continue to have a much higher success rate with the level and type of recruit they are targeting. I applaud their game plan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, Paultzman, IDRAFT, Delaware, Logen, oldschool Redmen, NCJohnnie

Jamir Watkins, F, Trenton Catholic, NJ 5 days 3 hours ago #357764

• Amaseinyourface
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 833

redmannorth wrote:

I know this is something that tends to work it’s self out, but it’s worth mentioning that we have 5 sophomores on the roster. Two jucos would bring that to 7 in one class. I’m not saying don’t take them but maybe it’s something the staff is considering. I do like the Juco prospects we have been mentioned with.

Jamir Watkins, F, Trenton Catholic, NJ 5 days 3 hours ago #357765

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 3690

Amaseinyourface wrote:

redmannorth wrote:

I know this is something that tends to work it’s self out, but it’s worth mentioning that we have 5 sophomores on the roster. Two jucos would bring that to 7 in one class. I’m not saying don’t take them but maybe it’s something the staff is considering. I do like the Juco prospects we have been mentioned with.

it's definitely interesting to note. I suspect after next year like with every team we have and most others there could be a little roster shakeout but CMA's history of using jucos makes me a little less concerned. Plus if we end with heavy junior and senior laden team that could be 2 very solid years and lead to other things
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, redken, bamafan, Amaseinyourface, L J S A, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.
Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight