Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.)

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 2 weeks ago #356936

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Windy City Johnny Fan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 685
FWIW, "Redmen News" botched this. Zags clarified still visiting on 9/6 as planned and he's at Temple today. Redmen News got the dates wrong lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cappy105

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 2 weeks ago #356968

• Patrick C ripdumaine
  • Thank you received: 96
Technically he didnt botch it, Cliff texted him he was coming then afterwards found out his guardian changed it. He did text back to apologize.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 2 weeks ago #356976

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1109
We really never had a real center as long as I’ve been following. Won’t get excited but nice to see us involved. As everyone else seems to have these types of bigs, it would be nice to actually land one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: richard A Steinfeld

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 2 weeks ago #357035

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 14943
Note upcoming visit to Pitt is an official one, CO having visited there in Spring unofficially.

Edit - Just saw confirmation upcoming Pitt visit is unofficial

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 2 weeks ago #357039

• QueensBall
  • Thank you received: 183
Saw on Twitter that Pitt also has Earl Timberlake and Noah Collier visiting at the same time this weekend. Hopefully Capel is off his game and Cliff makes it to Queens before committing anywhere. For some reason a larger group of talented players taking officials together makes me nervous.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 2 weeks ago #357040

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1622

QueensBall wrote: Saw on Twitter that Pitt also has Earl Timberlake and Noah Collier visiting at the same time this weekend. Hopefully Capel is off his game and Cliff makes it to Queens before committing anywhere. For some reason a larger group of talented players taking officials together makes me nervous.

Actually individual visits worry me more. They tend to be much more focused on the player and player usually taking it more seriously than a group visit. Very few players from what I’ve seen anecdotally, commit after those group visits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QueensBall

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 2 weeks ago #357041

• QueensBall
  • Thank you received: 183

MCNPA wrote:

QueensBall wrote: Saw on Twitter that Pitt also has Earl Timberlake and Noah Collier visiting at the same time this weekend. Hopefully Capel is off his game and Cliff makes it to Queens before committing anywhere. For some reason a larger group of talented players taking officials together makes me nervous.

Actually individual visits worry me more. They tend to be much more focused on the player and player usually taking it more seriously than a group visit. Very few players from what I’ve seen anecdotally, commit after those group visits.

That's a good point. I guess a big part of it would depend on the psychology of the individual player. I could definitely see how being the singular focus of the host staff could make a school more enticing. I can also see how hitting it off with a group of fellow recruits could help as well though. At the very least you've convinced me to believe it's sort of a wash either way. As an SJU fan conditioned to expect the worst I'll find a new reason to convince myself that disappointment is imminent...

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 2 weeks ago #357078

• Paultzman
  • Away

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 1 week ago #357117

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Windy City Johnny Fan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 685
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tommy O 54

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 1 week ago #357254

• Paultzman
  • Away
Right now, we know that Cliff Omoruyi will take an official visit to Auburn on the weekend of Sept. 13 and that he just returned from an unofficial visit to Pitt. He is going to attempt to take unofficial visits to the local programs and use his official visits on the programs that are further away from his New Jersey home.

Omoruyi has yet to finalize his school list, but I would expect for him to check out Maryland, Seton Hall and UConn before coming to a decision. I would also keep an eye on Kentucky and Memphis. The Tigers have begun to cultivate a strong relationship with him and could be the next big program to offer. A timeline towards a decision remains undecided, though, but do expect for this fall to be a busy one for Omoruyi.

basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/wed...cla-hunter-dickinson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight