Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.)

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 6 days ago #357399

• Section9
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 402

NCJohnnie wrote: bamafan wrote: Losing Heron and probably LJ we need a lot more than the 3 man class proposed to even hope to escape the bottom tier of the BE.

bamafan, not sure I agree. If Williams, Roberts & Steere are very solid BIG East players (which I fully expect), Champagnie (spelling) is a solid soph, the kid from St. Francis and Sears have solid senior years and we get three excellent 2020 recruits, we will be better than bottom of BE imho with good coaching. Admittedly I am the eternal optimist.

Yeah, but the rest of the league is going to improve as well. 2020 is going to be a huge year for us recruiting wise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 6 days ago #357400

• MainMan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 357
Josh Gray seems like the most mysterious player we recruited since Norm.
How many high D1 prospects - no less a 7 footer - from NY have zero video on them in 2019?

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 6 days ago #357401

• redken
  • Thank you received: 956

NCJohnnie wrote: bamafan wrote: Losing Heron and probably LJ we need a lot more than the 3 man class proposed to even hope to escape the bottom tier of the BE.

bamafan, not sure I agree. If Williams, Roberts & Steere are very solid BIG East players (which I fully expect), Champagnie (spelling) is a solid soph, the kid from St. Francis and Sears have solid senior years and we get three excellent 2020 recruits, we will be better than bottom of BE imho with good coaching. Admittedly I am the eternal optimist.

That's a lot of if's, NCJ. :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: capmaker

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 6 days ago #357402

• johnsliva
  • Thank you received: 27
Any word of how the visit went?

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 6 days ago #357403

• gman
  • Thank you received: 669

johnsliva wrote: Any word of how the visit went?

It is happening now. I can already predict "the visit went great"
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 6 days ago #357410

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2408

bamafan wrote: Losing Heron and probably LJ we need a lot more than the 3 man class proposed to even hope to escape the bottom tier of the BE.

There would only be room for one more kid if I'm adding correctly, minus LJ. And I suspect it would be a big man project.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 6 days ago #357411

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1623

L J S A wrote:

bamafan wrote: Losing Heron and probably LJ we need a lot more than the 3 man class proposed to even hope to escape the bottom tier of the BE.

There would only be room for one more kid if I'm adding correctly, minus LJ. And I suspect it would be a big man project.

This class I guarantee will be 3-4 guys when all is said and done. We haven’t filled Wright’s spot and Heron and probably LJ will be fine. Wouldn’t be surprised if we lost at least one guy somewhere to transfer. With posh on board, I’d like a wing or two and a big guy C/PF type. Omoruyi would be great but so would Gray or another. There will also be a lot of jucos to look at and it’s super early right now. I’d love to get at least one more kid landed before the season starts.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 6 days ago #357413

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 2383

redken wrote:

That's a lot of if's, NCJ. :unsure:

Yes a lot of ifs but four good coaches working very hard with kids who want to work hard and be coached up can make a world of difference. I also believe Earlington, who we have seen working his but off this summer past, and McGriff and Caraher will be solid role players. Meaning while we may lose our two stars after this season we could return 9 players who were a part of the rotation. That would be an excellent scenario. My expectation for filling out this class is a good wing which may very well end up being a juco and it would be nice to see a big man. A good three man class for a staff that started out so late would be a home run imho.
Remember gents this is not a sprint but rather a rebuild. As long as our recruiting is good it will work out well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 6 days ago #357414

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2408

MainMan wrote: Josh Gray seems like the most mysterious player we recruited since Norm.
How many high D1 prospects - no less a 7 footer - from NY have zero video on them in 2019?

I think he plays at the Knox School in St. James but I've also seen Putnam Science Academy listed. I assume there will eventually be more highlights if he's at PSA.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 6 days ago #357415

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 14957

L J S A wrote:

MainMan wrote: Josh Gray seems like the most mysterious player we recruited since Norm.

I think he plays at the Knox School in St. James but I've also seen Putnam Science Academy listed. I assume there will eventually be more highlights if he's at PSA.

He recently switched to PSA
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, L J S A

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight