Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.)

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 1 week ago #357417

  • L J S A
  • L J S A's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6017
  • Thank you received: 2417

Paultzman wrote: He recently switched to PSA


Unfortunately, we've never really made any inroads with Putnam. Hopefully it wasn't their coach that steered kids away, and just that the kids didn't like what we were before the new staff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 1 week ago #357420

  • JohnnyFan
  • JohnnyFan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3666
  • Thank you received: 2231
Regarding LJ, there is a full season in front of him. I would imagine, at this point, he has no idea what he is doing next year. But, for now, leave it to SJU fans to continuously announce their star is "probably leaving".

Maybe we can just wait and see?
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, JackofVirginia, IDRAFT, NCJohnnie, Tommy O 54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 1 week ago #357429

  • NCJohnnie
  • NCJohnnie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3222
  • Thank you received: 3624
JohnnyFan wrote: Regarding LJ, there is a full season in front of him. I would imagine, at this point, he has no idea what he is doing next year. But, for now, leave it to SJU fans to continuously announce their star is "probably leaving".

Maybe we can just wait and see?

Mustapha Heron redux - he was another that was definitely gone after junior year. Doesn't always go that way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham, IDRAFT, Dan V

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by NCJohnnie.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 1 week ago #357435

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9882
  • Thank you received: 3040

NCJohnnie wrote: JohnnyFan wrote: Regarding LJ, there is a full season in front of him. I would imagine, at this point, he has no idea what he is doing next year. But, for now, leave it to SJU fans to continuously announce their star is "probably leaving".

Maybe we can just wait and see?

Mustapha Heron redux - he was another that was definitely gone after junior year. Doesn't always go that way.


If Mullin was here Heron was gone. But he's not. I'll take this trade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUFAN2, Logen, L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 1 week ago #357437

  • NCJohnnie
  • NCJohnnie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3222
  • Thank you received: 3624
Moose wrote: If Mullin was here Heron was gone. But he's not. I'll take this trade.

Maybe so, but many were assuming MH would leave before last season even started. To JohnnyFan's point, its a long season and many things can influence the decision to stay or go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by NCJohnnie.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 1 week ago #357439

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9882
  • Thank you received: 3040

NCJohnnie wrote: Moose wrote: If Mullin was here Heron was gone. But he's not. I'll take this trade.

Maybe so, but many were assuming MH would leave before last season even started. To JohnnyFan's point, its a long season and many things can influence the decision to stay or go.


I get that. But is it so wrong for fans to speculate? It's a message board. Speculation drives fans of sports.

Heron was good as gone but thankfully has solid family to advise him. Heron as the year ended went into a spiral and was pretty dissatisfied with things. The way he finished the year compounded with the fact that Mullin was gone helped matters.

LJ already flirted with leaving. He's older than his class as well. If he puts up another season like he did it makes sense on a number of levels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, SJU85

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 1 week ago #357442

  • redken
  • redken's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4280
  • Thank you received: 956

Moose wrote:

NCJohnnie wrote: Moose wrote: If Mullin was here Heron was gone. But he's not. I'll take this trade.

Maybe so, but many were assuming MH would leave before last season even started. To JohnnyFan's point, its a long season and many things can influence the decision to stay or go.


I get that. But is it so wrong for fans to speculate? It's a message board. Speculation drives fans of sports.

Heron was good as gone but thankfully has solid family to advise him. Heron as the year ended went into a spiral and was pretty dissatisfied with things. The way he finished the year compounded with the fact that Mullin was gone helped matters. ...

And his solid family, especially his father, was more than "pretty dissatisfied" with Mullin's handling of Mustapha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 6 days ago #357454

  • richard A Steinfeld
  • richard  A Steinfeld's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3484
  • Thank you received: 769
It’s true Heron is surrounded by a solid family. He’s a good kid who’s easy to root for. Hopefully he will have a breakout year and be on the NBA radar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham, mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 6 days ago #357480

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9882
  • Thank you received: 3040
He tweeted #Notcommitted with a picture of him in Pitt and Uconn jerseys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 2 months 6 days ago #357481

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 11525
  • Thank you received: 3834

Moose wrote: He tweeted #Notcommitted with a picture of him in Pitt and Uconn jerseys

maybe he should have tweeted #uconnpitted
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight