Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.)

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 1 month 3 weeks ago #357891

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Windy City Johnny Fan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 685
Our chances were already slim and none and slim may have just left town

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 1 month 3 weeks ago #357893

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1624
I always figured this. Go hard for Josh Gray.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 1 month 3 weeks ago #357894

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 14960
Max A & Josh obviously more possible
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick C ripdumaine

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 1 month 3 weeks ago #358104

• QueensBall
  • Thank you received: 183
Adam Zagoria tweeted yesterday that UConn & Rutgers are the schools that appear to be in good shape with Cliff. Would be more frustrating to lose out to those schools than the blue bloods but certainly wouldn't be from a lack of effort. Now that Cliff seems like long shot and Zed Key is probably headed elsewhere, I'm disappointed in the short term but relieved that the staff has also been working on the two bigs Paultzman mentioned in the post above this one. I'd be happy to add either of those guys to the class as I think getting a legitimate, talented big to develop for a few years would be a very welcome change from recent history.

That being said I'm not familiar with Josh Gray other than a few highlights. I saw Max A play a little bit and liked what I saw but I don't have a great sense for how he's perceived compared to other guys in this class. If anyone is familiar how do these guys stack up compared to other recent big-men recruits? Is Max sort of at the level Josh Roberts was coming out of high school? Is it fair to say that Gray would be the bigger "get" of the two? Aware rankings and how a guy does in high school don't directly correlate to how they'll perform in college just trying to get a sense of how they stack up at this point.

Last edit: by QueensBall.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 1 month 3 weeks ago #358105

• MCNPA
  • Away
If Cliff chooses Rutgers, he needs an immediate psych evaluation. Rutgers is where to go to kill your career.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 1 month 3 weeks ago #358106

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 1429

MCNPA wrote: If Cliff chooses Rutgers, he needs an immediate psych evaluation. Rutgers is where to go to kill your career.

There's a better chance of my hair growing back than Cliff picking Rutgers even though they have recruited him hard for quite awhile. I usually agree with most of your posts but I beg to differ here. Steve Pikell has done a great job since taking over there and is slowing building a competitive program with some good young talent sprinkled with a few transfers. He also has a great staff, with Karl Hobbs, Brandin Knight and Greg "Shoes" Vetrone.

Don't get me wrong. They aren't competing for the NCAA tournament yet but they have improved a great deal and an NIT berth is definitely attainable in the near future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 1 month 3 weeks ago #358110

• MCNPA
  • Away

MarkRedman wrote:

MCNPA wrote: If Cliff chooses Rutgers, he needs an immediate psych evaluation. Rutgers is where to go to kill your career.

There's a better chance of my hair growing back than Cliff picking Rutgers even though they have recruited him hard for quite awhile. I usually agree with most of your posts but I beg to differ here. Steve Pikell has done a great job since taking over there and is slowing building a competitive program with some good young talent sprinkled with a few transfers. He also has a great staff, with Karl Hobbs, Brandin Knight and Greg "Shoes" Vetrone.

Don't get me wrong. They aren't competing for the NCAA tournament yet but they have improved a great deal and an NIT berth is definitely attainable in the near future.

Listen, SJU has had its ups and downs for sure. More downs than ups over last 30 years. Rutgers has never had any ups. I like Pikiell, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 1 month 3 weeks ago #358115

• HeartBeatsTalents
  • Thank you received: 7
mcnpa - I would assume there would be a connection with pikiell and warney via roselle high school besides it being the school he's closest to.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 1 month 3 weeks ago #358118

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 1429

MCNPA wrote:

MarkRedman wrote:

Listen, SJU has had its ups and downs for sure. More downs than ups over last 30 years. Rutgers has never had any ups. I like Pikiell, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Rutgers "never had any ups"? - they were 31-0 and in the Final Four in 1976
They lost to Michigan in the Final Four and to UCLA in the third place game

Last edit: by MarkRedman.

Cliff Omoruyi, 2020 6'11" C (Roselle N.J.) 1 month 3 weeks ago #358120

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 250
Let’s just get somebody preferably a big that can give us rebounds defense not one that takes 3 yrs to develop

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight