Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2020 Recruits

2020 Recruits 2 months 1 week ago #383418

  • NCJohnnie
  • NCJohnnie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3982
  • Thank you received: 4564
Paultzman wrote: DeMeo working hard on grad transfer interior player Chevez Goodman of Wofford

Goodman appears to be as poor a free throw shooter as Roberts. Would be nice to have a big we could keep on the floor with a lead towards the latter part of games. To be fair Roberts did show some improvement the last couple of games he played.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 2 months 1 week ago #383430

  • Knight
  • Knight's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5870
  • Thank you received: 1612
Per Zach
In addition to known 2020 targets like Kevin Marfo, Josh Gray, Jordan Bruner and Ty McMillan, a few new ones for St. John's: George Washington grad transfer Arnaldo Toro, JUCO forwards Carlton Linguard and Maurice Calloo and Wofford grand transfer Chevez Goodwin. #sjubb
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, richard A Steinfeld

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 2 months 1 week ago #383436

  • PSK938
  • PSK938's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 321
  • Thank you received: 6
Goodwin transferred to Wofford from College of Charleston. Good chance he knows Moore from there so could be a help

Still take Marfo though over him

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 2 months 1 week ago #383439

  • redmannorth
  • redmannorth's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 4081
  • Thank you received: 3365

Matty Hoops wrote:

Paultzman wrote: DeMeo working hard on grad transfer interior player Chevez Goodman of Wofford


Would be very happy with Goodwin. Wish his rebound rate was a little better, but is a finisher around the rim. High FG%. Played really good ball down the stretch this year. NCAA tournament experience.


As would I. Bottom line is we are very involved with a bunch of good kids any of whom will make us a better team and any of whom will give us much more than Steere gave us this past season. Looking forward to adding the final piece and CMA working with a full roster for the entire summer.
Expectations are starting to rise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 2 months 1 week ago #383442

  • MJDinkins
  • MJDinkins's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9691
  • Thank you received: 2723

PSK938 wrote: Goodwin transferred to Wofford from College of Charleston. Good chance he knows Moore from there so could be a help

Still take Marfo though over him


Goodwin and Moore are also both South Carolinians who played HS hoops in the Midlands area of SC. Goodwin played for Hammond Academy along with former Tar Heel/current Gamecock, Seventh Woods.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, SJU85, Moose, L J S A, NCJohnnie, BrooklynRed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MJDinkins.

2020 Recruits 2 months 1 week ago #383443

  • Coaster
  • Coaster's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 544
  • Thank you received: 110
Paul Biancardi
@PaulBiancardi
On
@StJohnsBBall

“Coach Anderson has been unique in recruiting me by expressing the type of man he is and the program he wants to build at St. John’s. They have great talent and NYC is waiting for them to take off.”
@KevinMarfo
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, RedStormRising, JohnnyFan, BrooklynRed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 2 months 1 week ago #383446

  • richard A Steinfeld
  • richard  A Steinfeld's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3636
  • Thank you received: 896

Coaster wrote: Paul Biancardi
@PaulBiancardi
On
@StJohnsBBall

“Coach Anderson has been unique in recruiting me by expressing the type of man he is and the program he wants to build at St. John’s. They have great talent and NYC is waiting for them to take off.”
@KevinMarfo

I wouldn’t read too much into this. Kid is a diplomat and has nice things to say about all his finalists. That said, hope we get him

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 2 months 1 week ago #383448

  • redmannorth
  • redmannorth's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 4081
  • Thank you received: 3365

richard A Steinfeld wrote:

Coaster wrote: Paul Biancardi
@PaulBiancardi
On
@StJohnsBBall

“Coach Anderson has been unique in recruiting me by expressing the type of man he is and the program he wants to build at St. John’s. They have great talent and NYC is waiting for them to take off.”
@KevinMarfo

I wouldn’t read too much into this. Kid is a diplomat and has nice things to say about all his finalists. That said, hope we get him


You wouldn’t read much into it.
We are a starved for wins fan base that dissects every word said by every recruit and their family.
For the first time in years we overachieved , have a good returning core , a few good recruits and may possibly get the nations leading rebounder at the one position we desperately need and you are suggesting we not read too much into what he is saying.
You obviously don’t know this fan base.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Las Vegan, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 2 months 1 week ago #383450

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4950
  • Thank you received: 2786
"You obviously don’t know this fan base."
I laughed out loud at that. Much needed in these times. Thanks North.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 2 months 1 week ago #383469

  • richard A Steinfeld
  • richard  A Steinfeld's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3636
  • Thank you received: 896

redmannorth wrote:

richard A Steinfeld wrote:

Coaster wrote: Paul Biancardi
@PaulBiancardi
On
@StJohnsBBall

“Coach Anderson has been unique in recruiting me by expressing the type of man he is and the program he wants to build at St. John’s. They have great talent and NYC is waiting for them to take off.”
@KevinMarfo

I wouldn’t read too much into this. Kid is a diplomat and has nice things to say about all his finalists. That said, hope we get him


You wouldn’t read much into it.
We are a starved for wins fan base that dissects every word said by every recruit and their family.
For the first time in years we overachieved , have a good returning core , a few good recruits and may possibly get the nations leading rebounder at the one position we desperately need and you are suggesting we not read too much into what he is saying.
You obviously don’t know this fan base.

Because when he says similar things about all his finalists this quote does not set us apart. Isolated, however it looks good. See page 1 of the Marfo thread and read all his quotes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by richard A Steinfeld.
Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight