Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2020 Recruits

2020 Recruits 2 months 5 days ago #383475

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 310
What is the latest on Josh Gray,how do we stand with this recruit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 2 months 5 days ago #383477

• Steve Knortz
  • Thank you received: 60
No inside information. Rivals features Uconn, Rutgers, URI, LSU and Florida State as interested. Rivals also lists SJU, West Virginia, Marquette and South Carolina as "Josh is interested in" but one has click on the "drop down" list. The Rivals prediction has a tie between Rutgers and West Virginia. I don't often go to the Rivals site, so I might have misinterpreted. None of the information seems recent. Verbal Commits lists similar schools but adds Stony Brook and Georgia.

connecticut.rivals.com/news/uconn-intere...-in-2020-c-josh-gray
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

2020 Recruits 2 months 5 days ago #383485

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2723

Steve Knortz wrote: No inside information. Rivals features Uconn, Rutgers, URI, LSU and Florida State as interested. Rivals also lists SJU, West Virginia, Marquette and South Carolina as "Josh is interested in" but one has click on the "drop down" list. The Rivals prediction has a tie between Rutgers and West Virginia. I don't often go to the Rivals site, so I might have misinterpreted. None of the information seems recent. Verbal Commits lists similar schools but adds Stony Brook and Georgia.

connecticut.rivals.com/news/uconn-intere...-in-2020-c-josh-gray

The article is from December.

To add: More times than not, the database isn't updated unless there has been recent movement in the players' recruitment. With that said, many times there still isn't much change in the database.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Last edit: by MJDinkins.

2020 Recruits 2 months 5 days ago #383486

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 3365

MJDinkins wrote:

PSK938 wrote: Goodwin transferred to Wofford from College of Charleston. Good chance he knows Moore from there so could be a help

Still take Marfo though over him

Goodwin and Moore are also both South Carolinians who played HS hoops in the Midlands area of SC. Goodwin played for Hammond Academy along with former Tar Heel/current Gamecock, Seventh Woods.

In your knowledgeable opinion are you happy we are recruiting Goodwin ? Do you believe he would be a good addition to the team for next season.
Thanking you in advance.

2020 Recruits 2 months 5 days ago #383493

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 18704
Va Tech with a previous coach/player relationship could be tougher SJU competitor, but Steve DeMeo is working this one hard apparently. SJU is definitely in contact with him and should be listed below;

“CHEVEZ GOODWIN – WOFFORD - FORWARD
According to VTSCOOP, Virginia Tech quickly reached out to Wofford big man Chevez Goodwin after he announced his intentions to transfer.
Goodwin began his collegiate career at the College of Charleston before transferring to Wofford, where he was recruited by Young. After sitting out due to NCAA Transfer Rules, Goodwin averaged 4.3 points per game, shooting 58.3% from the floor.
During the 2019-20 season, Goodwin averaged 11.9 points and 6.2 rebounds per game, hitting 64% from the field.
Goodwin has reportedly heard from Georgia, Arkansas, Oregon State, Xavier, Cincinnati, USC, Wichita State, Wake Forest, and VCU, in addition to Virginia Tech, according to Jake Weingarten.
As a graduate transfer, Goodwin has immediate eligibility and one year remaining.“
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, MJDinkins

Last edit: by Paultzman.

2020 Recruits 2 months 5 days ago #383494

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2723

redmannorth wrote:

MJDinkins wrote:

PSK938 wrote: Goodwin transferred to Wofford from College of Charleston. Good chance he knows Moore from there so could be a help

Still take Marfo though over him

Goodwin and Moore are also both South Carolinians who played HS hoops in the Midlands area of SC. Goodwin played for Hammond Academy along with former Tar Heel/current Gamecock, Seventh Woods.

In your knowledgeable opinion are you happy we are recruiting Goodwin ? Do you believe he would be a good addition to the team for next season.
Thanking you in advance.

Ya know, I recalled watching his HS team (Hammond Academy) at the Chick-fil-A Classic a few years ago and felt Goodwin would be a solid addition to a mid-major program. I watched Hammond twice that particular year of the tournament and was only aware of Seventh Woods and Xavier McDaniel, Jr (X-Man/Xavier McDaniel, Sr's son). 'Though, I came away impressed with what I saw outta Goodwin.

Fast forward to now.... I only witnessed Goodwin twice this season, and felt he was similar to what I saw in high school when it came to efficiency. He's an effective player who will generally play within himself. I believe he certainly could come in and be a nice, if not steady, stop-gap player for us if we were to land him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, SJU85, RedStormRising, Matty Hoops, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

2020 Recruits 2 months 4 days ago #383706

• Paultzman
Auburn’s Bruce Pearl has joined the mix of coaches to reach out to Wofford graduate transfer Chevez Goodwin, a source told @Stockrisers. Tons of interest for him.

2020 Recruits 2 months 3 days ago #383753

• Paultzman
Piece clarifies Toro’s injury history & stats being all over the board

www.gwhatchet.com/2020/03/16/pair-of-for...-basketball-program/

2020 Recruits 2 months 3 days ago #383790

• Paultzman
Chevez Goodwin committed to USC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell

2020 Recruits 2 months 3 days ago #383791

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Thank you received: 707

Paultzman wrote: Chevez Goodwin committed to USC

We can't #close on a big as per usual

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight