Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2020 Recruits

2020 Recruits 4 months 1 week ago #373870

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2723

NCJohnnie wrote: I'd hope we are combing the grad transfer market for a pure knockdown shooter to supplement Cole's shooting ability.

That's not a bad idea, either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 4 months 1 week ago #373872

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 18716

NCJohnnie wrote: I'd hope we are combing the grad transfer market for a pure knockdown shooter to supplement Cole's shooting ability.

I suspect so

2020 Recruits 4 months 1 week ago #373909

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1007

Paultzman wrote:

I suspect so

Also given that Posh is a true frosh and McGriff has no experience, and really his background doesn't indicate a high potential for substantial BE value, I think a stopgap PG grad transfer would be nice. Yeah, shooting is bad but PG play has also stunted the half court offense. Maybe from another NYC school?

2020 Recruits 4 months 1 week ago #373920

• Steve Knortz
  • Thank you received: 62
Paultzman makes me conclude that multiple team members will be transferring at the end of the season. With SJU already one over the limit, at least one player must pack up. Locker room going to get depressing as dreams die. Predicting only one or two more wins this season with a substantial decrease in competitiveness.

Hmmm time to review the transfer portal.

2020 Recruits 4 months 1 week ago #373922

• CMA TIME
  • Thank you received: 166

Steve Knortz wrote: Paultzman makes me conclude that multiple team members will be transferring at the end of the season. With SJU already one over the limit, at least one player must pack up. Locker room going to get depressing as dreams die. Predicting only one or two more wins this season with a substantial decrease in competitiveness.

Hmmm time to review the transfer portal.

And get guys that can actually hit the basket when shooting the ball from 10ft away

2020 Recruits 4 months 1 week ago #373925

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 350
As I’ve read through a number of posts calling for us to recruit a shooter, a rather depressing thought occurred to me. Most of us have been down on Heron this year, and rightly so. Nonetheless, Heron is shooting nearly 40 percent from three and averaging nearly 13 points a game.

I would be elated if we got similar production from Cole next year, but it’s no guarantee. We also likely lose Figgy, our second best shooter. Scary to say, but it’s possible we could be a worse shooting team next year.

2020 Recruits 4 months 1 week ago #373928

• Eric
  • Thank you received: 297

Boo Harvey wrote: As I’ve read through a number of posts calling for us to recruit a shooter, a rather depressing thought occurred to me. Most of us have been down on Heron this year, and rightly so. Nonetheless, Heron is shooting nearly 40 percent from three and averaging nearly 13 points a game.

I would be elated if we got similar production from Cole next year, but it’s no guarantee. We also likely lose Figgy, our second best shooter. Scary to say, but it’s possible we could be a worse shooting team next year.

It’s quite possible we will be a better shooting team next year.

2020 Recruits 4 months 15 hours ago #375634

• MJDinkins

Last edit: by MJDinkins.

2020 Recruits 4 months 15 hours ago #375635

• MJDinkins

2020 Recruits 4 months 15 hours ago #375636

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 2705
Yes, please.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight