TOPIC: 2020 Recruits

2020 Recruits 4 months 13 hours ago #375637

• RedStormNC
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1484
www.hoopmia.com/news_article/show/1082252

Top Performers:

Norchad Omeir(6'6/PF) Miami Prep

Omeir was a monster over the weekend. In one contest he was a a perfect 14-14 from the field leading him to a stat line of 34 points and 16 rebounds. Mid-Major coaches should be all over Head Coach Art Alvarez trying to figure out how to land this monster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins, JackofVirginia, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 3 months 4 weeks ago #375666

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 793

RedStormNC wrote: www.hoopmia.com/news_article/show/1082252

Top Performers:

Norchad Omeir(6'6/PF) Miami Prep

Omeir was a monster over the weekend. In one contest he was a a perfect 14-14 from the field leading him to a stat line of 34 points and 16 rebounds. Mid-Major coaches should be all over Head Coach Art Alvarez trying to figure out how to land this monster.

Go get this kid!!

2020 Recruits 3 months 4 weeks ago #375680

• capmaker
  • Thank you received: 176

2020 Recruits 3 months 4 weeks ago #375687

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 18712
Still not clear if staff actually visited Omeir.

2020 Recruits 3 months 3 weeks ago #376723

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2410
Just a thought but I’m gonna say this. As far as recruiting goes, our most recent 2020 recruiting class seems mostly recruited by Van Macon and likely Demeo. We need out AHC TJ Cleveland to show what he can do on the recruiting trail with high school kids. If he’s an aspiring head coach, he’s gonna have to show that he can recruit and do it well. I wanna see what he can do to make a mark on this program.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Moose

2020 Recruits 3 months 3 weeks ago #376733

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 1132

Eric wrote:

Boo Harvey wrote: As I’ve read through a number of posts calling for us to recruit a shooter, a rather depressing thought occurred to me. Most of us have been down on Heron this year, and rightly so. Nonetheless, Heron is shooting nearly 40 percent from three and averaging nearly 13 points a game.

I would be elated if we got similar production from Cole next year, but it’s no guarantee. We also likely lose Figgy, our second best shooter. Scary to say, but it’s possible we could be a worse shooting team next year.

It’s quite possible we will be a better shooting team next year.

Better or worse next season?
Just watched Seton Hall lose to Creighton. Both teams are solid and from
I recall we recently played both tough. So maybe
CMA’s style of getting the players in shape, going deep in the bench, Playing high octane pressing, Forcing many turnovers, and getting the most out of ( most of ) the players - leads to a 2020-21 season that won’t be as disappointing as the correct one.
And who could have anticipated such Underwhelming performances from our two best players.
All the best
The following user(s) said Thank You: buckethead

2020 Recruits 3 months 3 weeks ago #377026

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 560

MCNPA wrote: Just a thought but I’m gonna say this. As far as recruiting goes, our most recent 2020 recruiting class seems mostly recruited by Van Macon and likely Demeo. We need out AHC TJ Cleveland to show what he can do on the recruiting trail with high school kids. If he’s an aspiring head coach, he’s gonna have to show that he can recruit and do it well. I wanna see what he can do to make a mark on this program.

Macon and DeMeo have the contacts in the area. Give TJ and Mike a chance to establish themselves. At least they're out there showing their faces.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

2020 Recruits 3 months 3 weeks ago #377034

• MCNPA

Section9 wrote:

MCNPA wrote: Just a thought but I’m gonna say this. As far as recruiting goes, our most recent 2020 recruiting class seems mostly recruited by Van Macon and likely Demeo. We need out AHC TJ Cleveland to show what he can do on the recruiting trail with high school kids. If he’s an aspiring head coach, he’s gonna have to show that he can recruit and do it well. I wanna see what he can do to make a mark on this program.

Macon and DeMeo have the contacts in the area. Give TJ and Mike a chance to establish themselves. At least they're out there showing their faces.

Agree. Just want to see what they can do. A young up and comer like TJ should be able to get us involved, especially with southern/midwestern kids.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

2020 Recruits 3 months 3 weeks ago #377041

• MainMan
  • Thank you received: 504

Was he not the lead on Cole and Moore?
That's 1/2 of our recruiting class.

2020 Recruits 3 months 3 weeks ago #377046

• MCNPA

MainMan wrote:

Was he not the lead on Cole and Moore?
That's 1/2 of our recruiting class.

I thought it was Demeo but not sure. Maybe so. Im not talking about numbers overall. I’m talking about talented high school kids. This is not a knock, just hoping to see him break ground on some upper tier kids as we need our AHC to be part of that.

Last edit: by MCNPA.
Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight