Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2020 Recruits

2020 Recruits 3 months 3 weeks ago #377067

  • Making Plays
  • Making Plays's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 288
  • Thank you received: 603

MCNPA wrote: Just a thought but I’m gonna say this. As far as recruiting goes, our most recent 2020 recruiting class seems mostly recruited by Van Macon and likely Demeo. We need out AHC TJ Cleveland to show what he can do on the recruiting trail with high school kids. If he’s an aspiring head coach, he’s gonna have to show that he can recruit and do it well. I wanna see what he can do to make a mark on this program.


I could be wrong on this, but here's what I remember from who was the lead recruiter on each recruit that they have signed so far.

Jon McGriff - CMA
Damien Sears - TJ
Julian Champaigne - Macon
Rasheem Dunn - TJ
Vince Cole - TJ
Isiah Moore - DeMeo
Posh Alexander - Macon
Dylan Wusu - Macon
The following user(s) said Thank You: capmaker, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Making Plays.

2020 Recruits 3 months 3 weeks ago #377069

  • richard A Steinfeld
  • richard  A Steinfeld's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3636
  • Thank you received: 896
It’s nice to see multiple recruiters out there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: COMET, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 3 months 3 weeks ago #377070

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 10478
  • Thank you received: 3699

Making Plays wrote:

MCNPA wrote: Just a thought but I’m gonna say this. As far as recruiting goes, our most recent 2020 recruiting class seems mostly recruited by Van Macon and likely Demeo. We need out AHC TJ Cleveland to show what he can do on the recruiting trail with high school kids. If he’s an aspiring head coach, he’s gonna have to show that he can recruit and do it well. I wanna see what he can do to make a mark on this program.


I could be wrong on this, but here's what I remember from who was the lead recruiter on each recruit that they have signed so far.

Jon McGriff - CMA
Damien Sears - TJ
Julian Champaigne - Macon
Rasheem Dunn - TJ
Vince Cole - TJ
Isiah Moore - DeMeo
Posh Alexander - Macon
Dylan Wusu - Macon


Dunn was Macon not TJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 3 months 3 weeks ago #377073

  • usguard
  • usguard's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4986
  • Thank you received: 311
A staff sees the weakness in the team so we sure should get shooters or something would be wrong

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 3 months 2 weeks ago #377122

  • Knight
  • Knight's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5870
  • Thank you received: 1612
It's nice to have a coaching staff that is building a roster, rather than just filling in the slots with warm bodies for practices.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 3 months 2 weeks ago #377128

  • OhioFan
  • OhioFan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1030
  • Thank you received: 318
Speaking of warm bodies, what's the update on Zaun's 350 lb, 6-6 center he has been carping? Where's the beef? :silly:
Ubi Caritas, Where charity and love are, God is there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 3 months 2 weeks ago #377131

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 26495
  • Thank you received: 18714
Evan Daniels

247sports.com/Article/College-basketball...n-Daniels-143803654/

“Two names gaining steam on the best available list are fairly new to the 247Sports rankings. Georgia native Eric Gaines, who now ranks No. 81 overall, emerged during his senior season and has high majors in the South clamoring for him. The same could be said for Filipino center prospect Kai Sotto, who has taken recent visits to Kentucky, Auburn and Georgia Tech.
Of the other uncommitted top-100 players, Cliff Omoruyi, Matthew Alexander-Moncrieffe and JT Thor are expected to make college choices, while four — Makur Maker, Marjon Beauchamp, Kenyon Martin and Kyree Walker — are not.“

“ Who else is left? The best available prospects outside of the top 100 are Nate Tabor, Keondre Montgomery, Carlos Rosario, Zaire Wade, Kerwin Walton, Dishon Jackson, Eduardo Andre, Tibet Gorener, Vladislav Goldin, Darius Miles, Dylan Cardwell, AJ Staton-McCray and Detrick Reeves.”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 3 months 2 weeks ago #377132

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 10478
  • Thank you received: 3699

Paultzman wrote: Evan Daniels

247sports.com/Article/College-basketball...n-Daniels-143803654/

“Two names gaining steam on the best available list are fairly new to the 247Sports rankings. Georgia native Eric Gaines, who now ranks No. 81 overall, emerged during his senior season and has high majors in the South clamoring for him. The same could be said for Filipino center prospect Kai Sotto, who has taken recent visits to Kentucky, Auburn and Georgia Tech.
Of the other uncommitted top-100 players, Cliff Omoruyi, Matthew Alexander-Moncrieffe and JT Thor are expected to make college choices, while four — Makur Maker, Marjon Beauchamp, Kenyon Martin and Kyree Walker — are not.“

“ Who else is left? The best available prospects outside of the top 100 are Nate Tabor, Keondre Montgomery, Carlos Rosario, Zaire Wade, Kerwin Walton, Dishon Jackson, Eduardo Andre, Tibet Gorener, Vladislav Goldin, Darius Miles, Dylan Cardwell, AJ Staton-McCray and Detrick Reeves.”


Thanks

But how long for someone to say we need Tabor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 3 months 2 weeks ago #377133

  • L J S A
  • L J S A's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6514
  • Thank you received: 2885

Paultzman wrote: The same could be said for Filipino center prospect Kai Sotto, who has taken recent visits to Kentucky, Auburn and Georgia Tech.


A Filipino playing center might be the most stunning basketball news I've ever heard.

I was surrounded by them at NYU, I was an honorary member of the Fil-Am club there, most of my friends are Filipino, and I've lived in three different cities where you can't throw a basketball without hitting one, and the tallest one I've ever seen was at most 6'3". In fact, my 5'10" friend Eileen is one of the tallest Filipinos I've ever encountered.:lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Recruits 3 months 2 weeks ago #377135

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 26495
  • Thank you received: 18714

L J S A wrote:

Paultzman wrote: The same could be said for Filipino center prospect Kai Sotto, who has taken recent visits to Kentucky, Auburn and Georgia Tech.


A Filipino playing center might be the most stunning basketball news I've ever heard.

I was surrounded by them at NYU, I was an honorary member of the Fil-Am club there, most of my friends are Filipino, and I've lived in three different cities where you can't throw a basketball without hitting one, and the tallest one I've ever seen was at most 6'3". In fact, my 5'10" friend Eileen is one of the tallest Filipinos I've ever encountered.:lol:


He was a dissident and tortured/stretched on a rack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight