Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC (SJU Commit)

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 8 months 4 days ago #358706

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2723

PharmDJohnnie11 wrote: I'd honestly pass unless it was a last resort. He was a 2 star recruit out of HS, and hasn't exactly been lighting it up in his college career. I don't doubt CMA's ability to coach him up, but I'd be pretty disappointed if this were the only big man addition to the 2020 class.

Ideally I'd love to land Big Cliff, but that seems very unlikely at this point, so my main target would be Josh Gray. Gray may also be a tough get, but someone I expect us to be heavily in play for.

Ditto, as far as pulling the trigger unless Moore is a last resort. He's a local kid within my region, but I don't know much about him. I could ask around and see if I can gather information, but meh.

Moore likely won't technically be a "big," as mentioned by MCN, so I'd rather the staff hold in this scenario. I did hear the staff really, really likes Gray, and frankly, Gray should be a player easily in our wheelhouse (simply based on rankings alone).

I would at least wait until Moore has a season of JUCO under his belt before pulling the trigger. Maybe, that is the staff thinking as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MJDinkins.

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 8 months 4 days ago #358708

• fuchsia
  • Thank you received: 404
Thin stretch 4's have a different value if someone like Steere is carving out space for them.

Last edit: by fuchsia. Reason: typo

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 8 months 4 days ago #358711

• Sju grad 13
  • Thank you received: 580
To be fair about the college of Charleston stats he was playing behind Jarrell Brantley who was just drafted by the Utah Jazz ( The Jazz traded up to get him). Jarrell Brantley had a first round grade but fell because of a back injury.

Just throwing that out there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose, bamafan, SJ_NYC, Amaseinyourface, NCJohnnie

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 8 months 4 days ago #358712

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2400
Can’t teach his kind of size and length and he has skills. I trust he staff here. We will
Need a couple of jucos because next season will really be our first rebuilding year. This kid wouldn’t be a substitute for a post-player but his height and skills and the fact he can play the 3-5 is intriguing. Gotta let the staff figure this stuff out. They’ve had great success with jucos bridging the gap in the past and we will need a little bit of a band-aid losing our biggest talents next year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan V

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 8 months 3 days ago #358726

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 18664
Moore starts his official visit this Friday (9/27) and plans on seeing more than just the practices and how he'll fit in the system. He's looking for things you don't normally see on every visit.

"I'm looking forward to seeing things I haven't seen on most of my visits. I know the feeling but I can't describe it--like a real family atmosphere," he said. "Nothing that is sculpted or pretend, but people that really want to see you do good from the academic advisors to the trainers, to anybody."

"St. John's has been recruiting me very hard since coach DeMeo first saw me play. He told me that I could be something special," Moore said. "And him and coach [Mike] Anderson have been talking to me every day. It's been good. They've been on me real heavy."

Article notes Anderson has stressed he would get a lot of PT off the bat and they need a mobile big who likes to run. Lastly, Moore notes how impressed his parents are with CMA.

Allegedly, LSU, Arkansas and Southern Miss have offered and he has spoken to coaches from Alabama and Memphis.

I sense CMA closes on this one quickly.

stjohns.rivals.com/news/s-carolina-pf-visits-st-john-s
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Coaster, Jnaw17, Dan V, NCJohnnie, BrooklynRed

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 8 months 3 days ago #358727

• MCNPA
  • Away

Paultzman wrote: Moore starts his official visit this Friday (9/27) and plans on seeing more than just the practices and how he'll fit in the system. He's looking for things you don't normally see on every visit.

"I'm looking forward to seeing things I haven't seen on most of my visits. I know the feeling but I can't describe it--like a real family atmosphere," he said. "Nothing that is sculpted or pretend, but people that really want to see you do good from the academic advisors to the trainers, to anybody."

"St. John's has been recruiting me very hard since coach DeMeo first saw me play. He told me that I could be something special," Moore said. "And him and coach [Mike] Anderson have been talking to me every day. It's been good. They've been on me real heavy."

Article notes Anderson has stressed he would get a lot of PT off the bat and they need a mobile big who likes to run. Lastly, Moore notes how impressed his parents are with CMA.

Allegedly, LSU, Arkansas and Southern Miss have offered and he has spoken to coaches from Alabama and Memphis.

I sense the same from his comments. He likes what CMA is selling. I think the kid looks real good and I love his length and skills. We need to get bigger. I’d still love to add a guy like Amadasun to this class as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jnaw17, Patrick C ripdumaine

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 8 months 3 days ago #358728

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 599

Paultzman wrote: Moore starts his official visit this Friday (9/27) and plans on seeing more than just the practices and how he'll fit in the system. He's looking for things you don't normally see on every visit.

Has St. John's offered?

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 8 months 3 days ago #358729

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 18664

Making Plays wrote:

Has St. John's offered?

Article;
“St. John's, along with LSU, Arkansas and Southern Miss have offered.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Making Plays

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 8 months 3 days ago #358732

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 599

MCNPA wrote:

Class of 72 wrote: Second coming of Tariq Owens?

Maybe height-wise, but this kid has actual perimeter skills and handling ability. Love the wingspan though. I wonder if the staff views this as an alternative to Guess? I don’t think we likely want to take more than 2 jucos unless one of em has 3 years eligibility. Id certainly favor this kid due to height and upside potential.

Has anyone confirmed yet, that Guess won't have 3 years?

Verbal commits has him listed as a red-shirt freshman this year, he only played in 1 game for 7 minutes, he may be applying for a waiver and counting last year at Mizzou as a redshirt year.

www.verbalcommits.com/players/christian-guess

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 8 months 3 days ago #358734

• MCNPA
  • Away

Making Plays wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Class of 72 wrote: Second coming of Tariq Owens?

Maybe height-wise, but this kid has actual perimeter skills and handling ability. Love the wingspan though. I wonder if the staff views this as an alternative to Guess? I don’t think we likely want to take more than 2 jucos unless one of em has 3 years eligibility. Id certainly favor this kid due to height and upside potential.

Has anyone confirmed yet, that Guess won't have 3 years?

Verbal commits has him listed as a red-shirt freshman this year, he only played in 1 game for 7 minutes, he may be applying for a waiver and counting last year at Mizzou as a redshirt year.

www.verbalcommits.com/players/christian-guess

Would be nice if he had 3 years. Very likely could get that waiver. Would really help to stagger our ships a bit if we are possibly going to try to being in 3 jucos which it seems we might. I was unsure we’d go that direction but I don’t have a problem with it except for balancing scholarships etc. I also do think we will probably lose a player or so to transfer and these kids all look pretty skilled with upside.

Last edit: by MCNPA.
Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight