Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC (SJU Commit)

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 5 days 6 hours ago #372255

• weathermannyc
  • Thank you received: 197

Making Plays wrote:

ipd200 wrote:

weathermannyc wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote: Going to be cautiously optimistic here. Our recruits are dominating, however only 1 (Posh) is 4 star caliber right now. CMA has found a few diamonds in the rough however, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Well to be fair, two will be junior college all Americans so the “star” system doesn’t apply. Juco all Americans are very good pickups for the most part and while no star equivalent can be given, I wouldn’t classify them as diamonds in the rough types. I do think this class will bring in 4 -5 guys, most of whom will be more talented than quite a few on our roster overall. That said, we will lose talent as well and it will still be another rebuilding-type year I think until we really replace our losses and our team grows together.

Agree with Marcus. I think next season has the potential to be better than this year if individual development of players continues. Solid NIT berth with chance of being on outside of bubble seems to be a reasonable ceiling. Bring in another solid class in 21-22 and then you are off and running.

At this point in the season we are a solid NIT berth and on the outside of the bubble looking in for the NCAA. The team is improving and not making the NIT this year would be a disappointment. I"m still hoping for the NCAAs but realistically this is a long shot. If Figgy returns and we only lose Heron i would i will have higher expectations next year. Winning and success brings expectations (which i didn't have 2 months ago)!!!

I wouldn't call making the NCAA tournament a long shot. Fox Sports just put out their updated bracketology today and have St. John's as an 11 seed, Lundardi of ESPN has St. John's among the "Next 4 out" group. This team will be right there on the bubble in the mix when it's all said and done. They've played good basketball outside of 2 games. And with the Big East is being so strong this year 7 or 8 more wins for St. John's should put them safely in. I think the magic number will be 20, with the remaining schedule I don't see how they can miss the tournament getting to 20 wins, there really isn't a "bad loss" that can be had on this schedule.

I am projecting what I think they will do the rest of the year and not necessarily where they are now. (and, obviously I can be wrong) But, that said...there is no way that we are in right now. We have zero true road wins. That does not get you in. WV is a very nice win that will have legs as a marquee win. Arizona has lost a little prestige in the last few weeks and they look like they may struggle away from home.

I do agree with you that 20 wins absolutely gets them in given the strength and depth of the Big East. That would give us something close to 10 Q1 and Q2 wins. I actually think that 19 could do it for the same reason. But, just don't think we will get there unless Heron or Fig gets " jump on my back and I will carry us to wins" hot .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 5 days 5 hours ago #372258

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 16267
Like Dink, I went back and forth between LSU game & Moore’s. Not much to draw from as he played limited minutes. He seems good athlete with good stroke. As Dink noted, built like Owens & also resembles Camby a lot physically.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 2 days 7 hours ago #372857

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 16267
In a win Thursday to remain undefeated;

“Two of PRCC's first baskets were 3-pointers from former MHSAA State Champion Cameron Smith (Okolona); his second from downtown put PRCC ahead 10-9 and the Wildcats never trailed again.

The 3-pointer started a 15-0 run that saw six different Wildcats score. The highlight of the streak was the punctuation — which put PRCC up 21-9 — when St. John's signee Isaih Moore (Columbia, S.C.; Sumter) caught an ally-oop pass from Tae Hardy (Ellenwood, Ga.; Believe Prep) on the fast break and threw it down.”

“Five other Wildcats scored in double figures Thursday. Moore earned his sixth double-double on the season, scoring 14 points with 13 rebounds. Smith scored 11, while Kelvin Allen (Olive Branch), Jones and Earl Smith (Jackson; Lanier) all scored 10.“

www.prccathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2019-2...eases/20200116zv0pup

Box score
www.prccathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2019-2...es/20200109_tdqh.xml
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 2 days 1 hour ago #372916

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 1975
It’s gonna be nice to have somebody Moore’s height that can put the ball in the basket, even out to range.

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 2 days 1 hour ago #372921

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 418
It certainly will be nice to have somebody Moores height to make outside shots. Actually it would be nice to have someone of any height to make outside shots.

Isaih Moore, PF, Pearl River CC 2 days ago #372934

• L J S A
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2578
Hopefully he is OK with mixing it up inside, because he'll be starting from the get-go if Roberts continues to be a 2 and 2 guy against Big East teams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight