Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 4 weeks ago #366093

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1248
Wow...do we really have a good chance with this kid? 6'8 225...that's legit muscle. Kind of a Clark frame and apparently can hit 3's too. 4 star per Rivals. This would be a great sign if we can get him, because that would be the 2nd 4 star recruit for CMA in year 1. If we can do that, I'm much more confident we can lure 4 star kids here consistently which is what we need to have a real shot of competing in the Big East.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 4 weeks ago #366100

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 896

mkras99 wrote: Looks like he's a freshman so wondering if he's for 2020 or 2021 (and if for 2020 if he comes in with three years left as opposed to two).

Wont be an incoming jr like I initially thought, sign him up.

Last edit: by richard A Steinfeld.

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 4 weeks ago #366144

• Matty Hoops
  • Thank you received: 194

Mike Zaun wrote: Wow...do we really have a good chance with this kid? 6'8 225...that's legit muscle. Kind of a Clark frame and apparently can hit 3's too. 4 star per Rivals. This would be a great sign if we can get him, because that would be the 2nd 4 star recruit for CMA in year 1. If we can do that, I'm much more confident we can lure 4 star kids here consistently which is what we need to have a real shot of competing in the Big East.

Connecting on 25% of 3s while attempting less than on per game, so I would temper some enthusiasm on ability to be a stretch 4, but like the look of this kid regardless.

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 4 weeks ago #366168

• Steve Knortz
  • Thank you received: 60
Under previous coaches, SJU was always chasing Juco kids, late decommits, and transfers which made December - March interesting. During the first year of Coach Anderson, SJU is one scholarship over the limit. The rumor mill indicates that problem will be solved when Figgy declares.

So what happens if he doesn't excel this year, and the NBA is not that interested? What does our coach do if Figgy returns for his senior year? SJU has never had this problem before. Does SJU renege on a scholarship offer? Does SJU run someone off? Either of those options will damage the image of the coaching staff.

Is there trouble in the locker room so that the coaches know someone will transfer?

At this point I don't see the benefit of recruiting more players.

I'm a long time fan, and accustomed to seeing clouds on the horizon.

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 4 weeks ago #366170

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18704

Steve Knortz wrote: Under previous coaches, SJU was always chasing Juco kids, late decommits, and transfers which made December - March interesting. During the first year of Coach Anderson, SJU is one scholarship over the limit. The rumor mill indicates that problem will be solved when Figgy declares.

So what happens if he doesn't excel this year, and the NBA is not that interested? What does our coach do if Figgy returns for his senior year? SJU has never had this problem before. Does SJU renege on a scholarship offer? Does SJU run someone off? Either of those options will damage the image of the coaching staff.

Is there trouble in the locker room so that the coaches know someone will transfer?

Because staff knows what is likely going forward and prefers not to play catch up later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cappy105, SJU85

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 4 weeks ago #366175

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2881
I'm not used to constant recruiting, so it's actually freaking me out a bit.

I think there's one obvious candidate for transfer if he wants minutes during his career. But I actually like everyone and don't want to see anyone feel like they need to leave. Plus I think if we landed this kid, we'd certainly lose a second kid to transfer because minutes he gets now would be eaten.

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 4 weeks ago #366186

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 2701
Get the kid on board and worry about the spot later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cappy105, Section9, bamafan, Andrew, NCJohnnie

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 4 weeks ago #366201

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2408
Looks like he’d probably project as a 3-man/stretch 4 to replace LJ’s spot. Tweener forward. Nice to have 3 years eligibility too. Would love somebody who could open up the floor with outside shooting a bit more and not sure he can do that, but if the staff feels he can develop that side of his game even more then I’m good with it. Kid seems like he can do a lot of things out there and it seems Anderson likes to have players who can do it all.

Last edit: by MCNPA.

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 3 weeks ago #366244

• JackofVirginia
  • Thank you received: 589

Steve Knortz wrote: Under previous coaches, SJU was always chasing Juco kids, late decommits, and transfers which made December - March interesting. During the first year of Coach Anderson, SJU is one scholarship over the limit. The rumor mill indicates that problem will be solved when Figgy declares.

Would love to see Fiqueroa stay another year, wouldn't
hurt his chances for the NBA. The most likely candidate to leave is Sears, no chance of getting minutes next year with Steere and Roberts around. And especially if McMillan joins us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: richard A Steinfeld

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 3 weeks ago #366251

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 896
I agree w you about Seers. I don’t think he’s going to get much burn once Steere is eligible. I don’t think Figgy is going to the NBA this year, if he doesn’t return it will be because hes going pro overseas, IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Andrew

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight