Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 3 weeks ago #366262

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1005

richard A Steinfeld wrote: I don’t think Figgy is going to the NBA this year, if he doesn’t return it will be because hes going pro overseas, IMO.

To me that's a given and since he was thinking about leaving last spring he must be comfortable with making a living playing overseas ball.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 3 weeks ago #366278

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2408

austour wrote:

richard A Steinfeld wrote: I don’t think Figgy is going to the NBA this year, if he doesn’t return it will be because hes going pro overseas, IMO.

To me that's a given and since he was thinking about leaving last spring he must be comfortable with making a living playing overseas ball.

Yeah agree that’s a given at this point. Wouldn’t be surprised losing at least one more guy only because more talent being brought into frontcourt who is already young and talented. Either way, increasing our talent level is a good thing and a good problem to have. This kid looks strong, with a motor and 3 years to play. Looks like a good potential pickup.

Last edit: by MCNPA.

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 3 weeks ago #366282

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3484

richard A Steinfeld wrote: I agree w you about Seers. I don’t think he’s going to get much burn once Steere is eligible. I don’t think Figgy is going to the NBA this year, if he doesn’t return it will be because hes going pro overseas, IMO.

I agree. Even though Sears seems to be a good teammate I don't see where his minutes will come from after Steere joins the team. I also think one of our other players will not stick. As for Figueroa he is definitely not NBA talent and will do well in the Spanish league.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 3 weeks ago #366347

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 310
I’m agreeing with both of you We need a team that can shoot better at distance and for sure at least hit btw 70 and 75 % from the foul line to win any competitive games
We can’t rely on just 2 players scoring 50% of our points when they are off we lose
Not the cupcake teams but in the BE At the beginning I thought we would be better than Depaul but the way they are playing they could get a ncaa bid

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 3 weeks ago #366348

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 310
Maybe this has need answered if it had please excuse me but do we know when Steere will play his 1st game

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 3 weeks ago #366352

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 1068

usguard wrote: Maybe this has need answered if it had please excuse me but do we know when Steere will play his 1st game

December 18th against Albany.

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 3 weeks ago #366649

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 599

austour wrote:

I was actually going to make a thread asking about LJ and his chances of leaving after this season.

IMO, he has more to gain by coming back another season than leaving. He's not on a single draft board right now, I actually haven't even seen him on any top 100 boards. I don't even think he's considered a guy that would in contention for a 2-way contract right now. If you're a half-way decent D1 player you can go overseas and play at any time, most kids that are really good college players, but not quite considered NBA level players, usually use up their max eligibility because it's more exposure at the college level and you have a better shot at getting a 2-way or training camp invite than you do leaving early and going overseas and trying to work your way to the NBA from there.

I think if he comes back another year, works on ball handling, tone his body up a little more in the off-season, and continue working on his shot and finishing around the rim, and he's without a doubt the #1 option on a pretty good team, he can at least move up and compete for a 2-way contract next year, but as of right now just don't see him getting it after this season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delaware

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 3 weeks ago #366652

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18704

Making Plays wrote:

austour wrote:

I was actually going to make a thread asking about LJ and his chances of leaving after this season.

IMO, he has more to gain by coming back another season than leaving. He's not on a single draft board right now, I actually haven't even seen him on any top 100 boards. I don't even think he's considered a guy that would in contention for a 2-way contract right now. If you're a half-way decent D1 player you can go overseas and play at any time, most kids that are really good college players, but not quite considered NBA level players, usually use up their max eligibility because it's more exposure at the college level and you have a better shot at getting a 2-way or training camp invite than you do leaving early and going overseas and trying to work your way to the NBA from there.

I think if he comes back another year, works on ball handling, tone his body up a little more in the off-season, and continue working on his shot and finishing around the rim, and he's without a doubt the #1 option on a pretty good team, he can at least move up and compete for a 2-way contract next year, but as of right now just don't see him getting it after this season.

Some guys just have to go out and earn some $ somewhere to help families in less than ideal situations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, Making Plays

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 3 weeks ago #366666

• cappy105
  • Thank you received: 159
if figgy comes back , id take him back in a min! we are one over now. If this kid McMillan is on board we keep him on board, The writing is on the wall for roster spots. Kids don't need to be told they won't play when they see the depth chart. Bottom line is the staff is recruiting the best kids for the highest level. This is not CYO, the kids know the transfer market well, the staff is doing diligent work in preparing for it UNLIKE past staffs did.

Ty McMillan, PF, Kilgore JC 5 months 3 weeks ago #366679

• Rehobie
  • Thank you received: 45
McMillan guys, McMillan.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight