TOPIC: Ahmad Rand, PF, USC Salk JC

Ahmad Rand, PF, USC Salk JC 2 months 1 week ago #373864

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 17810
Apparently still recruiting him.

Article from Fall
www.jucorecruiting.com/news_article/show/1061542
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Coaster, JohnnyFan, Patrick C ripdumaine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Ahmad Rand, PF, USC Salk JC 2 months 1 week ago #373881

• Paultzman
I believe two staff members watched Cole and Rand yesterday. I assume McBride is not in the mix. Rand seems prime target of Salk group.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MCNPA

Ahmad Rand, PF, USC Salk JC 2 months 1 week ago #373882

• Patrick C ripdumaine
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 190
I would love to add Rand, Gray and a knock down shooter to the class assuming a few xfer out

Ahmad Rand, PF, USC Salk JC 2 months 1 week ago #373883

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2186
Rand looks good and seems like a nasty player but I wonder what we might be losing considering we are looking at abother jc Pf. We already have Roberts, Champs, Earlington, Moore, Sears etc. Even if we lost a guy like Sears, we’d still have a lot of PF types. I trust the staff on this but imo we need a real center like Gray and some scoring small forward types. Interesting to see what happens with our roster after season ends.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, jerseyshorejohnny, gonzalo

Ahmad Rand, PF, USC Salk JC 2 months 1 week ago #373890

• Paultzman

MCNPA wrote: Rand looks good and seems like a nasty player but I wonder what we might be losing considering we are looking at abother jc Pf. We already have Roberts, Champs, Earlington, Moore, Sears etc. Even if we lost a guy like Sears, we’d still have a lot of PF types. I trust the staff on this but imo we need a real center like Gray and some scoring small forward types. Interesting to see what happens with our roster after season ends.

Wonder if plan is to give Julian more time at SF? I believe they will look for another perimeter scorer as well. The mystery is how many roster spots will open up.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Ahmad Rand, PF, USC Salk JC 2 months 1 week ago #373894

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2721

Paultzman wrote: Wonder if plan is to give Julian more time at SF? I believe they will look for another perimeter scorer as well. The mystery is how many roster spots will open up.

I assumed that was eventually the plan, but I didn't think he'd shift until junior year.

I think Posh, McGriff, Williams, Dunn, Champagnie, Cole, Wusu, Earlington, Moore, and Roberts are here next season. Will cross my fingers for Figgy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, SJU85

Ahmad Rand, PF, USC Salk JC 2 months 1 week ago #373895

• Paultzman
Zach B

Told St. John's coach Mike Anderson and assistant TJ Cleveland saw JUCO big man Ahmad Rand last night. Elite shot-blocker. #sjubb

Ahmad Rand, PF, USC Salk JC 2 months 1 week ago #373897

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1118

Paultzman wrote: Zach B

Told St. John's coach Mike Anderson and assistant TJ Cleveland saw JUCO big man Ahmad Rand last night. Elite shot-blocker. #sjubb

A shot blocker is perfect for the kind of defense Anderson likes to play. It gives you some protection, if the press gets beat.

Ahmad Rand, PF, USC Salk JC 2 months 1 week ago #373898

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2651

SJU61982 wrote:

A shot blocker is perfect for the kind of defense Anderson likes to play. It gives you some protection, if the press gets beat.

Rand seems to be a hustling, junkyard dog type. He's likely a garbage/junk man who cleans up misses around the rim. A high energy player.

I wouldn't look for much scoring from him, but he looks like he'll board and, of course, block and alter shots. He lead D-1 JUCO last season with 4.5 blocks per game, and currently leads the nation again with 4.3 blocks per game.

Obviously, I haven't witnessed him in a full game. I'm on the fence whether I'd extend a committable offer to him, as his numbers outside of rebounding and blocked shots are pedestrian. Maybe, he's an intangible player.
Maybe, he'll be replacing someone who is soon to leave. I don't know.

Let's also hope we're targeting a couple of the eligible freshman JUCO's.

Ahmad Rand, PF, USC Salk JC 2 months 1 week ago #373899

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Thank you received: 707

MJDinkins wrote:

SJU61982 wrote:

Rand seems to be a hustling, junkyard dog type. He's likely a garbage/junk man who cleans up misses around the rim. A high energy player.

I wouldn't look for much scoring from him, but he looks like he'll board and, of course, block and alter shots. He lead D-1 JUCO last season with 4.5 blocks per game, and currently leads the nation again with 4.3 blocks per game.

Obviously, I haven't witnessed him in a full game. I'm on the fence whether I'd extend a committable offer to him, as his numbers outside of rebounding and blocked shots are pedestrian. Maybe, he's an intangible player.
Maybe, he'll be replacing someone who is soon to leave. I don't know.

Let's also hope we're targeting a couple of the eligible freshman JUCO's.

I'm enjoying watching the transition of our recruiting strategy from 100% transfers to 100% JUCO's. Also, I'm being sarcastic, I'm not enjoying it.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight