Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Seryee Lewis, PF, Compass Prep

Seryee Lewis, PF, Compass Prep 2 months 2 weeks ago #382138

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18704
Seryee Lewis is one of the few seniors that remain without a college decision and it’s almost April. The 6-foot-7 prospect talked his recruitment with Stockrisers.com.

He mentioned that he had visits planned to some of the schools that he’s focused on but due to the latest outbreak, those won’t be taken now, or at least for the moment.

Among the schools that he says he’s focused on: St. John’s, Kansas State, Oklahoma and Georgetown. He said those programs are still involved and it’s likely those are the four he focuses on.

As far as a decision timetable, he says he will have his mind set by April 20th.

Lewis transferred from Morgan Park to Kenwood, two programs out of the Chicago area, until he transitioned to the prep route and went to Arizona where he’s play for Compass Prep. His most recent offer came from the Hoyas one month ago when Patrick Ewing visited him and teammate Frankie Collins.

stockrisers.com/2020/03/15/seryee-lewis-...-decision-timetable/
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, SJU85, JackofVirginia, sjc88, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Patrick C ripdumaine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Seryee Lewis, PF, Compass Prep 2 months 2 weeks ago #382159

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 877
Anyone have a feel as to whether or not we have a realistic chance?

I don’t follow all these kids that closely and I haven’t heard anything about him until today..

Seryee Lewis, PF, Compass Prep 2 months 2 weeks ago #382180

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 1132

sjc88 wrote: Anyone have a feel as to whether or not we have a realistic chance?

I don’t follow all these kids that closely and I haven’t heard anything about him until today..

My gauge:
If Mike Anderson offered him = he’s a worthwhile player imho
All the best
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

Seryee Lewis, PF, Compass Prep 2 months 2 weeks ago #382182

• Patrick C ripdumaine
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 191
Its recruits like this that show a big difference in years past. We weren't aware of him but obviously the staff is working hard behind the scenes. They are out grinding for the future when no one is looking as well as more noticable oned. Refreshing
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

Seryee Lewis, PF, Compass Prep 2 months 2 weeks ago #382206

• Manhattan1
  • Thank you received: 221
Appears this staff does not have a leaker........ gives me confidence going forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

Seryee Lewis, PF, Compass Prep 2 months 2 weeks ago #382260

• Paultzman
St Johns saw him in February per Zach B

Seryee Lewis, PF, Compass Prep 2 months 2 weeks ago #382261

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2408

Paultzman wrote: St Johns saw him in February per Zach B

In addition, OSL played against Compass prep at least once the other day and I believe back in January as well. Should be video of those games.

Seryee Lewis, PF, Compass Prep 2 months 2 weeks ago #382262

• Paultzman
Talking with my good friend JPM114 today, he told me Lewis is type player who would play a limited role as a freshman, but will keep improving. He also noted he can play away from the basket, but is also an athletic rebounder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster, sjc88

Seryee Lewis, PF, Compass Prep 2 months 2 weeks ago #382264

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2408

Paultzman wrote: Talking with my good friend JPM114 today, he told me Lewis is type player who would play a limited role as a freshman, but will keep improving. He also noted he can play away from the basket, but is also an athletic rebounder.

Just watched him a bit. Athletic kid, looks 6’8 or so, same size as Amadasun. Not as thick but quicker. A bit like Champagnie honestly. Can guard all over the court and seems smart. Doesn’t wow you but looks very solid. Wouldn’t be my first choice as I’d rather either a bigger center type or a more dynamic and dominant physical body or scorer in there. He’s in a bit too much the same mold as both Champs/Roberts, but seemingly a good overall player. He does have good offers from good schools. If he adds 20-30lbs he might change my mind. Big upgrade over Sears but not a replacement for a true big. Just my two cents.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster

Last edit: by MCNPA.

Seryee Lewis, PF, Compass Prep 2 months 2 weeks ago #382274

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2881

MCNPA wrote: Big upgrade over Sears but not a replacement for a true big. Just my two cents.

I don't mind a slow rebuild as long as we keep making progress. As long as we keep upgrading over guys who haven't been able to help, I'm good. Given the choice, I'd want the nation's leading rebounder who entered the portal. (Assuming he can move his feet at all. I haven't watched clips.)

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight