Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 1 week 6 days ago #357365

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 850

Paultzman wrote: Not complaining, but SJU held off offering Zed a long time, finally did, but he blew up this summer. Why wouldn’t other suitors like Florida, who were on him much longer, be better positioned? If he and family prefer him to stay home, then I assume SJU has a shot, but not counting on it.

Makes sense but it usually happens the other way around(we offer early and big state university comes in late to sign)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 1 week 5 days ago #357377

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 2131

Paultzman wrote: Not complaining, but SJU held off offering Zed a long time, finally did, but he blew up this summer. Why wouldn’t other suitors like Florida, who were on him much longer, be better positioned? If he and family prefer him to stay home, then I assume SJU has a shot, but not counting on it.

Not faulting the staff at all because when I saw him in Boston the week before CMA was named coach I wrote that he was a non factor, perhaps out of shape , and that we could do better. When my son played against two and a half months later inLA he was a completely different player, he was a beast. Conditioning , more focused, better prepsration ? Who knows , but the kid really upped his game from when CMA was first hired until the staff offered him. Kid is close with his parents as they went to Boston to watch so maybe, just maybe, he will want to stay home. Time will tell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, Andrew

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 1 week 4 days ago #357424

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 13940

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 1 week 2 days ago #357564

• Paultzman
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 1 week 2 days ago #357575

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2286

Paultzman wrote:

Not happy about this, but I do think he is a very good coach. Hopefully after this he stays out of the Northeast.

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 1 week 1 day ago #357606

• Paultzman
Zags
2020 @ZedBasketball14 of @LuHiBasketball
will take officials to Marquette 9/21 And Florida 9/28. Just visited Ohio State and has 2 more. Story coming.

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 1 week 1 day ago #357607

• Adam
  • Thank you received: 1023
Zed Key is certainly trending up, but he's technically only a 3 star on 247 Composite (#157 overall). 247 Crystal Balls are empty, so if we can close hard then who knows. This doesn't appear to be a Nassir Little situation where he went from the 100's all the way to top 3 in under a year.

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 2 days 3 hours ago #357914

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Thank you received: 672

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 1 day 18 hours ago #357961

• Paultzman
Ohio State indeed likely & perhaps very soon.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 1 day 4 hours ago #357978

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1070
Don't get me wrong, of course I'd like to get Zed, but to be totally honest he's another one of those local kids that seems to be all hype and rarely pans out completely. In many of his HS clips he seemed to be dominant against tiny teams that weren't too good. Remember, he was only a 3 star for a while and just started climbing rankings very recently. If you know local kids don't want to stay home, pull the plug early and focus on kids everywhere else whom NYC would be novel to. NYC is not novel to almost all of the local recruits, so they rarely stay home. They are seduced by the big country campuses in big state U. I think it's easier to sell NYC to kids who are not from the area at this point.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight