Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Terrence Clarke, SF, Brewster Academy

Terrence Clarke, SF, Brewster Academy 2 months 1 week ago #351947

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 13649
Probably beyond SJU but he did unofficially visit this week.

The five-star sophomore is, bar none, one of the best wings when it comes to putting the ball through the basket that we have seen in recent years. His past few weeks on the Nike EYBL circuit and the start to the camp circuit this month have been superb. Clarke came out on fire Wednesday evening, whether it was gliding his way to the basket for an impressive finish or hitting isolation step-back jumpers.

There are not many in the high school game like Clarke, which is why Kentucky and Memphis are just a few that have offered.

basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/nbp...m-wednesday-s-action

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Terrence Clarke, SF, Brewster Academy 2 months 1 week ago #351978

• Paultzman
  • Away
DeAnte' Mitchell
Staff Writer
2021 five-star recruit Terrence Clarke recently took an unofficial visit to St. John’s after receiving an offer from the staff.

Clarke wanted to head up to campus to check on a few things including an old friend that now plays for Johnnies.

“I just wanted to see the campus and see my guy Mustapha [Heron] and the coaching staff,” Clarke said. “I just wanted to see how they were running their practice. So, it wasn’t too serious. Just a little unofficial. Just went up there for a little bit.”

The talented combo-guard, ranked No. 2 in his class, has had a relationship with current St. John’s shooting guard Mustapha Heron dating back to when he played for the New York Renaissance. The duo has kept in touch and that relationship could play a huge part in getting the talented 6-foot-6 guard to Queens.

“Mustapha has always been my friend, ever since we were younger,” Clarke said. “I just always looked up to him. He came to Boston sometimes to play some games out there. So, I always knew he was a good player, so I’ve always kept in contact with him.”

Heron’s relationship with Clarke will be at the forefront for many when talking St. John’s, and of course, the recruiting is coming from the Connecticut native as well as from the staff.

“Definitely, you know he is,” Clarke said with a smile after asking if Heron was recruiting him to St. John’s. “He’s always talking to me. Ever since he was at Auburn, he was always saying something.”

St. John’s new staff has done a fantastic job recruiting early. They’ve made a good impression on a lot of prospects and have targeted some really good players. Their pitch to Clarke is fairly simple. They think he can come in right away and make an impact.

They believe he’s a positionless talent that has the freedom of the court and can just go out and play basketball.

Because of that, he has the ability to fit in a lot of offenses and St. John’s made sure to let him know that he could definitely fit their scheme as well.

“The main thing that he was trying to tell me is that I can come in and fit in their system and workout,” Clarke said.

stjohns.rivals.com/news/5-star-speaks-on...st-visit-after-offer
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, Coaster, capmaker, Chicago Days

Terrence Clarke, SF, Brewster Academy 2 months 1 week ago #351979

• Paultzman
  • Away

Terrence Clarke, SF, Brewster Academy 2 months 1 week ago #352003

• Patrick C ripdumaine
  • Thank you received: 90
With Andre running the point plus whoever else in next class then we add #1, 2, 9 and 10. Lol one can dream right??

Terrence Clarke, SF, Brewster Academy 1 month 1 week ago #354273

• capmaker
  • Thank you received: 148

Terrence Clarke, SF, Brewster Academy 4 weeks 2 days ago #354952

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Thank you received: 663
I know i'm a cynic but starting to think we may not land this kid lol

247sports.com/college/basketball/recruit...Five-star-133913674/

• Page:
Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter