• JohnnyFan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2830
Bottom line.......

*Coach has been here for one year

*He overachieved in year one

*He has brought a professionalism and work ethic not seen at SJU in a long time

*Hired a strong staff

*Cole and Posh look really, really solid and the balance of the class looks promising

Criticism comes with the job, but let's give the guy a realistic shot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUFAN2, MJDinkins, MarkRedman, Joe, gray49, Andrew, L J S A, JO23, SigEpSJU09, Knight and 2 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

DaShawn Davis, G, Trinity Valley CC 6 days 9 hours ago #391640

• Eric Williamson
  • Thank you received: 177

Mike Zaun wrote: I was right about Lavin and Mullin earlier than most when many still thought they were the answer and believe me I'm not happy about it. I'm not happy to be concerned about CMA's recruiting...why would I be? I'm a huge SJ fan. Have you ever seen my reactions back when we actually landed 4 star top 100 kids every other day? I was thrilled! So no I'm not happy to be nervous about this. Take what you consider my personality out of this and look at objective stats. I know rankings aren't objective, but look at recruits every other program in our conference is getting. DePaul has been among the worst major teams nationally the last 20 yrs and they still hauled in several 4 star kids. Things can change of course and yes this is early...but you can have early indications. Most always we get little hints that we have a real good shot of getting a kid before we actually do. We have none of that now and Davis is gone. Assuming we will get Riley is a big leap at best with the Kansas offer now and who knows with Cuffe and our history with legacy kids. Anything less than at least Cuffe and a few other solid kids is a bust IMO and will stand by that. I'm not saying we should be getting McDonald's All Americans.

You are the type of guy that wasn't hugged enough as a child, aren't you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight