Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Trimble

Trimble 2 months 5 days ago #292240

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1749

redmannorth wrote:

Beast of the East wrote: Update: Appears to be in the same shape as last year. Will have trouble keeping up with quicker guards, and will likely see playing time diminished unless he proves to be a big asset on the court. Unfortunate IMO, but who knows. John Bagley carried extra weight and made it to the NBA.

If true very disappointing as we had been told earlier he had lost 12 pounds and was working hard at getting into an improved shape. I for one was counting on Trimble to be a good reserve this season. If correct he should not be disappointed when Williams grabs his minutes.

Williams will get his minutes regardless but it begs the question "who is working with him" to get him into top playing shape?
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, mjmaherjr, Tom in Salem, Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trimble 2 months 5 days ago #292248

• OLV72
  • Thank you received: 189

Class of 72 wrote:

redmannorth wrote:

Beast of the East wrote: Update: Appears to be in the same shape as last year. Will have trouble keeping up with quicker guards, and will likely see playing time diminished unless he proves to be a big asset on the court. Unfortunate IMO, but who knows. John Bagley carried extra weight and made it to the NBA.

If true very disappointing as we had been told earlier he had lost 12 pounds and was working hard at getting into an improved shape. I for one was counting on Trimble to be a good reserve this season. If correct he should not be disappointed when Williams grabs his minutes.

Williams will get his minutes regardless but it begs the question "who is working with him" to get him into top playing shape?

Where is Jack LaLanne when you need him?

Trimble 2 months 5 days ago #292249

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 587

Class of 72 wrote:

redmannorth wrote:

The Burger King? Papa John? Colonel Sanders?

Trimble 2 months 5 days ago #292250

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 129
Perhaps it was Mitch's job lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem

Trimble 1 month 2 weeks ago #293849

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5501
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, Chicago Days

Trimble 1 month 2 weeks ago #293853

• Paul Massell
  • Thank you received: 618
Looks leaner to me. As I said I hope he is a 4 year player.
“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Frank61, L J S A

Trimble 1 month 2 weeks ago #293857

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 1147

Paul Massell wrote: Looks leaner to me. As I said I hope he is a 4 year player.

If he comes ready to play and is able to hold off Williams, he'll get his minutes this season. Might even be in the front court in some wacky lineups.

But if not, hopefully he has patience, because it might not be until his senior year that he gets enough minutes to make him happy. Honestly, a redshirt year between junior and senior year might even be better for his prospects, but most kids wouldn't want that.

Trimble 1 month 2 weeks ago #293858

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 393

L J S A wrote:

Paul Massell wrote: Looks leaner to me. As I said I hope he is a 4 year player.

If he comes ready to play and is able to hold off Williams, he'll get his minutes this season. Might even be in the front court in some wacky lineups.

But if not, hopefully he has patience, because it might not be until his senior year that he gets enough minutes to make him happy. Honestly, a redshirt year between junior and senior year might even be better for his prospects, but most kids wouldn't want that.

If Heron is eligible he isn’t as important to the team this year. If not ,he could be a wild card. Looked good in the video. It I was nice to see him mix his outside shots up w inside shots. I would have liked to see that in Clark’s video.Hoping for a nice jump from fr to so year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by richard A Steinfeld.

Trimble 1 month 2 weeks ago #293919

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 1092

Paultzman wrote:

Despite earlier misguided post, I'd agree he looks much fitter.

I know the staff loves this kid, so would be surprised if he doesn't see daylight and gets a shot to prove that he deserves more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OLV72, Chicago Days

Trimble 1 month 2 weeks ago #293927

• Dan V
  • Thank you received: 156
He will never be skinny he looks like a naturally thick guy, he just needs to tone up which it looks like he's doing. Good for him, he needs to commit to playing a role for us this year. He has the build to be a plus defender and thats where he could really carve out a nice role for himself this year. He can be the 3 and D guy for us this year if he can defend and catch & shoot. I dont think GW's strength is outside shooting so I think Trimble will be ahead of him for that reason especially with Heron. If Heron is eligible GW is the one I would recommend for a redshirt so he can be ready for a big role after we lose a bunch of our backcourt in 19-20. He has a higher ceiling than Trimble but with MH and Simon he is not as good a fit for this year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: richard A Steinfeld, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:

Major updates were made to the servers / software hosting redmen.com. There was also one significant change to the website this week to address keeping up with current standards and practices.

It has now become standard practice for all websites to be served as https (as opposed to the original http).

A couple of years ago I enabled https on the site as optional but as of today, the site is forcing https. Any link coming into the site should be automatically converted on the fly and you should not have to do anything on your end.

However if you do notice recent problems, please contact me directly via email: webmaster@redmen.com or via private message on the site.

Also if you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul