Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hurley quote on Yawkwe

Hurley quote on Yawkwe 1 week 5 days ago #300966

• RedStormNC
  • RedStormNC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 458
www.theuconnblog.com/2018/11/7/18073218/...ng-lineup-dan-hurley

However, because Yakwe missed so time, Hurley said he’s behind in terms of learning the scheme.

“He doesn’t have a great idea of what we’re doing on either end of the court in terms of the nuances of ball screen defense, offensive spacing, what we’re trying to execute,” Hurley said. “But the thing with Kassoum is he has that high level of athletic ability, so if he’s a step or two out of position, he can make up for it because he’s so explosive.”
Yakwe also provides shot-blocking ability, which will allow the guards on the perimeter to be more aggressive and pressure more.
“That’s what I love to do: play defense,” Yakwe said. “That’s what they brought me here to do: protect the rim. Nothing easy.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hurley quote on Yawkwe 1 week 5 days ago #300976

• redken
  • Thank you received: 527

RedStormNC wrote: www.theuconnblog.com/2018/11/7/18073218/...ng-lineup-dan-hurley

However, because Yakwe missed so time, Hurley said he’s behind in terms of learning the scheme.

“He doesn’t have a great idea of what we’re doing on either end of the court in terms of the nuances of ball screen defense, offensive spacing, what we’re trying to execute,” Hurley said. “But the thing with Kassoum is he has that high level of athletic ability, so if he’s a step or two out of position, he can make up for it because he’s so explosive.”
Yakwe also provides shot-blocking ability, which will allow the guards on the perimeter to be more aggressive and pressure more.
“That’s what I love to do: play defense,” Yakwe said. “That’s what they brought me here to do: protect the rim. Nothing easy.”

In tonight's game against Morehouse State (80-70 win), Yawkwe played one minute and had a string of 0's across the board.

Last edit: by redken.

Hurley quote on Yawkwe 1 week 4 days ago #300978

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 258

redken wrote:

RedStormNC wrote: www.theuconnblog.com/2018/11/7/18073218/...ng-lineup-dan-hurley

In tonight's game against Morehouse State (80-70 win), Yawkwe played one minute and had a string of 0's across the board.

Due to yet another injury, I believe he only started practicing about a week ago hence Hurley’s comments about him missing so much time and being behind.

Hurley quote on Yawkwe 1 week 4 days ago #301009

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 362
After his freshman year, I thought Yakwe had a great deal of promise and would have a long and successful career at St John's. Unfortunately, he peaked during his freshman year and never developed as I would have hoped and expected him to do.

He seems like a nice kid. I hope that he can turn it around at Yukon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Hurley quote on Yawkwe 1 week 4 days ago #301014

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 358

MarkRedman wrote: After his freshman year, I thought Yakwe had a great deal of promise and would have a long and successful career at St John's. Unfortunately, he peaked during his freshman year and never developed as I would have hoped and expected him to do.

It's interesting to see the quotes from Yakwe and Hurley. It doesn't seem like either is expecting much offense out of him. He showed so much promise his freshman year in that regard.

Hurley quote on Yawkwe 1 week 4 days ago #301018

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 422
The writing was on the wall last year. If he couldn’t see burn on last years difficient team, that says something, I wish him well, but , not sorry he transferred.

Hurley quote on Yawkwe 1 week 4 days ago #301025

• we are sju
  • Thank you received: 370

MarkRedman wrote: After his freshman year, I thought Yakwe had a great deal of promise and would have a long and successful career at St John's. Unfortunately, he peaked during his freshman year and never developed as I would have hoped and expected him to do.

I keep telling people what happened. See Hollywood has it all wrong. Just because someone becomes a zombie it does not mean he starts moaning and trying to eat people. A real zombie just kind of shuffles along and losses his motor skills. Like the ability to catch a basketball. Watch in a few years they will declare Yakwe patient zero for the upcoming zombie apocalypse. Nothing else really makes sense.

Hurley quote on Yawkwe 1 week 4 days ago #301035

• SeattleJohnny
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 17

I always wonder if the only reason he excelled his Frosh year is because our team was just THAT BAD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East, IDRAFT, Class of 72, ron s m

Hurley quote on Yawkwe 1 week 2 days ago #301659

• RedStormNC
  • RedStormNC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 458
Yakwe played 14 minutes today.

4 pts (2-2 fg, 0-1 FT)
1 block
3 rebounds
5 fouls

Last edit: by RedStormNC.

Hurley quote on Yawkwe 1 week 2 days ago #301661

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 305

RedStormNC wrote: Yakwe played 14 minutes today.

4 pts (2-2 fg, 0-1 FT)
1 block
3 rebounds
5 fouls

Again, I see no reason we can’t get Roberts in there for a line like that. Get a little shot blocking, a few rebounds and fouls to keep Keita in the game longer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, Coaster, Amaseinyourface

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth