Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Seth Greenberg

Seth Greenberg 1 month 7 hours ago #300992

• we are sju
  • we are sju's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 458
In Post today said ST John's struggled last year because of chemistry and bad shot selection. Seemed to lay some blame on Ponds. Also kind of questioned if Ponds and Heron will work because both volume shooters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Seth Greenberg 1 month 7 hours ago #300993

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 560

we are sju wrote: In Post today said ST John's struggled last year because of chemistry and bad shot selection. Seemed to lay some blame on Ponds. Also kind of questioned if Ponds and Heron will work because both volume shooters.

Where is Lawmanfan?

Seth Greenberg 1 month 6 hours ago #300997

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 338

we are sju wrote: In Post today said ST John's struggled last year because of chemistry and bad shot selection. Seemed to lay some blame on Ponds. Also kind of questioned if Ponds and Heron will work because both volume shooters.

No question that the staff will have to have a big year in order for the team to do the same. Lots of talent and interchangeable parts at the 2 and 3, but no pure PG, one basketball to go around for 2 players in their final audition for the NBA, and no inside game to speak of. Plus, no pure shooters, as Simon, Ponds, and Heron are all at their best as slashers. GS has the Splash Brothers, we have the Slash Brothers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85

Seth Greenberg 1 month 6 hours ago #300998

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 6870

Ray Morgan wrote:

No question that the staff will have to have a big year in order for the team to do the same. Lots of talent and interchangeable parts at the 2 and 3, but no pure PG, one basketball to go around for 2 players in their final audition for the NBA, and no inside game to speak of. Plus, no pure shooters, as Simon, Ponds, and Heron are all at their best as slashers. GS has the Splash Brothers, we have the Slash Brothers.

I think Heron will surprise on the perimeter and nail more threes than anticipated. He has really worked on that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, SJU85, IDRAFT, Frank61, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Sju grad 13

Seth Greenberg 1 month 6 hours ago #300999

• we are sju

Paultzman wrote:

Ray Morgan wrote:

I think Heron will surprise on the perimeter and nail more threes than anticipated. He has really worked on that.

I agree. Like his stroke. Not a lot of moving parts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, IDRAFT

Seth Greenberg 1 month 6 hours ago #301001

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 417

Hmm. I wouldn't have thought chemistry was an issue last year at all. This team seemed close knit and played well together. Plus, we were so undermanned, and played marathon minutes, so it's hard to say shot selection was the main issue. Seems like a weird statement overall to me.

Seth Greenberg 1 month 6 hours ago #301003

• we are sju

Room112 wrote:

Hmm. I wouldn't have thought chemistry was an issue last year at all. This team seemed close knit and played well together. Plus, we were so undermanned, and played marathon minutes, so it's hard to say shot selection was the main issue. Seems like a weird statement overall to me.

I think Ponds has to cut down on some of those long Steph Curry threes. But outside of that much like Harrison before him Ponds had to take a lot of shots last year. Last year for the most part a bad Ponds shot was still a good shot for the team.
I think this year he can be a little more selective though.
As far as chemistry thing, unless you are on the team and in the locker room you would not and should not be able to comment on it because you would not have legitimate knowledge.
I think that is just what people say when a seemingly talented team struggles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3

Seth Greenberg 1 month 6 hours ago #301004

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 82
He also had a much better percentage as a freshman than soph, I believe.

Paultzman wrote:

Ray Morgan wrote:

Seth Greenberg 1 month 6 hours ago #301007

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 416
From what I understand Heron and Ponds have been life long friends and competitors and know each other quite well. Seems we could be in for a favorable adventure with this talented and complimentary pair. So I am determined to enjoy this season and not get into immediate concerns about our shortcomings real or imagined.
all the best

Seth Greenberg 1 month 6 hours ago #301008

• fuchsia
  • Thank you received: 92
Suspect that Dr. Figueroa will make both Ponds and Heron look like assist machines if they master the kickout pass.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Zaun

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul