Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Asst coach discussion

Asst coach discussion 3 months 4 weeks ago #349783

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 1787
They certainly have done worse...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Asst coach discussion 3 months 4 weeks ago #349843

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 1787
All signs pointing to DeMeo. No announcement this week as BE meetings taking place and the holiday weekend.

Remember different summer recruiting schedule this year with all the reforms and changes. Use to be all in July now 8 days of Evaluation Days in June along with various days in July.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, Paultzman, MarkRedman, gonzalo, L J S A, JohnnyFan, Patrick C ripdumaine, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie, Red Bloods

Asst coach discussion 3 months 4 weeks ago #349846

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 1314

fordham96 wrote: All signs pointing to DeMeo. No announcement this week as BE meetings taking place and the holiday weekend.

Remember different summer recruiting schedule this year with all the reforms and changes. Use to be all in July now 8 days of Evaluation Days in June along with various days in July.

Thanks Fordham
That would make me very happy
We would have the best overall staff that we've had in many years

Asst coach discussion 3 months 4 weeks ago #349847

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551

MarkRedman wrote:

fordham96 wrote: All signs pointing to DeMeo. No announcement this week as BE meetings taking place and the holiday weekend.

Thanks Fordham
That would make me very happy
We would have the best overall staff that we've had in many years

I understand that this staff is 0-0 in terms of Ws/Ls which is the most critical metric, but based on both experience and career accomplishments, measuring from top-to-bottom, inside-to-out, and upside-to-down, this group seems to have few parallels in St. John’s history.
Nobody but the shadow knows, but things are looking up for St. John’s.

Asst coach discussion 3 months 4 weeks ago #349848

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 3690
When Monte finds out a fellow Paisan is on our bench this is his reaction with his season ticket renewal :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, Monte, redken, panther2, bamafan, L J S A, NCJohnnie

Asst coach discussion 3 months 4 weeks ago #349849

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551

mjmaherjr wrote: When Monte finds out a fellow Paisan is on our bench this is his reaction with his season ticket renewal :)

LOL!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

Asst coach discussion 3 months 4 weeks ago #349850

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 377
Just out of curiosity does anyone know around the salary the coaches usually make at St. John's?

I know details of CMA's contract here was never released here.

At Arkansas I know CMA made 2.5 million, his associate head coach made 390K, and his assistants made 250k and 200k.

Anyone have any estimates on what the new staff will make?

Asst coach discussion 3 months 4 weeks ago #349851

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2286

Making Plays wrote: Just out of curiosity does anyone know around the salary the coaches usually make at St. John's?

At Arkansas I know CMA made 2.5 million, his associate head coach made 390K, and his assistants made 250k and 200k.

Not an insider, but I believe last two head coaches were making $2 million. I really can't picture the school going up to $2.5, so maybe they met halfway at $2.25. I don't think Anderson was expecting any $2.5 million job to pop up so late, so maybe he was willing to go down in price.

The total assistant salaries won't be any problem to cover. Matt A. got a big raise after word spread about LSU "interest." I'm not even sure if he was third or fourth assistant, but he was making much more than $250/$200.

There are a couple guys here who I suspect have moles deep inside the school, so they could probably shed some light on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Asst coach discussion 3 months 4 weeks ago #349852

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 3690

Making Plays wrote: Just out of curiosity does anyone know around the salary the coaches usually make at St. John's?

first time since after Mahoney that I don’t remember contract being leaked out. Cragg and Iron Mike look to be running a real tight ship right now. I’m preparing for a lot less news flow from them unless Van or Demeo start telling local scribes info

Asst coach discussion 3 months 4 weeks ago #349853

• kranmars
  • Thank you received: 632

mjmaherjr wrote: When Monte finds out a fellow Paisan is on our bench this is his reaction with his season ticket renewal :)

Our best seasons were with coaches who had last names ending in a vowel. Carnesecca, Fraschilla (although he was only half Italian), and assistants like LoBalbo.

Anderson knows it is wise to buy a vowel in NYC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Frank61, Chicago Days

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight