Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Welcome back LJ Figueroa

LJ Figueroa Status 4 months 3 weeks ago #346001

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3438
Paultzman wrote: Well, the initial read was Figueroa would be checking out other schools. Clearly he is going through with it, so of course we should be concerned. The Andre Slater tweets were odd and seemed to take a shot at Anderson, while inferring Hsu has some kind of leverage. It is very strange and in fairness to Hsu, maybe we should not conclude anything yet. Strange though.

Good advice. Let's wait and see; hopefully no fire with this smoke.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, SigEpSJU09

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LJ Figueroa Status 4 months 3 weeks ago #346002

• SeattleJohnny
  • Thank you received: 120
The following user(s) said Thank You: capmaker

LJ Figueroa Status 4 months 3 weeks ago #346003

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 377
I don't know much about Slater, is Hsu his friend or something, seems to be taking shots at CMA, he was also the first to report on LJ's visit. Very unprofessional to refer to CMA and TJ as the "ex-Arkansas coach and his nephew"

The following user(s) said Thank You: qcredman, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

LJ Figueroa Status 4 months 3 weeks ago #346004

• OhioFan
  • Thank you received: 273

Chicago Days wrote:

Knight wrote: I thought it was reported that Figgy's name was no longer in the transfer portal.

He is not on 247sports's 2019 transfer portal list, but i noticed him on verbal commits list earlier and shortly after that the news broke.
Dunno...

He is on the ESPN list.
Ubi Caritas, Where charity and love are, God is there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

LJ Figueroa Status 4 months 3 weeks ago #346006

• Save The Hero
  • Thank you received: 6
I think he's our best player by far and he has a tremendous opportunity to show himself as a main option this year. If the previous staff was here, transferring and waiting a year might have been the best option, but with the current staff I think it would be a bad move for him to sit out a year.

Hsu has also proven himself to be a good recruiter. I don't see any reason why not bring him in with the type of players he's bringing in WKU. I don't mind if we hire other guys though.

No matter what happens with Hsu, I hope LJ decides to stay here, and we can build a strong team around him and Heron for this upcoming year. I trust what this staff can do with good players.

Last edit: by Save The Hero.

LJ Figueroa Status 4 months 3 weeks ago #346007

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1429

Making Plays wrote: I don't know much about Slater, is Hsu his friend or something, seems to be taking shots at CMA, he was also the first to report on LJ's visit. Very unprofessional to refer to CMA and TJ as the "ex-Arkansas coach and his nephew"

Agree. In addition, we have plenty of room for Hsu, and TJ Cleveland is a veteran assistant himself who is a very good recruiter and veteran in his own right. He’s familiar with the style and is plenty worthy of the AHC spot. Hsu shouldn’t be insulted at all with the next assistant spot should that be the one offered. I think Slater was just saying basically “what are you waiting for To hire Hsu”? It’s in Anderson’s court.

LJ Figueroa Status 4 months 3 weeks ago #346010

• Johnnie Drama
  • Thank you received: 118
LJ is 21 years old, can't imagine sitting out a year is beneficial to him on any level. Could possibly be 1st team BE this year if he stays.

LJ Figueroa Status 4 months 3 weeks ago #346011

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 536
I thought all the drama would be over with hiring of a straight up professional like Mike Anderson. Guess not.

LJ Figueroa Status 4 months 3 weeks ago #346016

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1429

Mean Gene wrote: I thought all the drama would be over with hiring of a straight up professional like Mike Anderson. Guess not.

The guy has to bring in his own coaches and players. Can’t always make everybody happy. We still need plenty of staff members as we only have a HC and Cleveland so I’d guess things are far from settled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, Dan V

LJ Figueroa Status 4 months 3 weeks ago #346017

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 910

Making Plays wrote: I don't know much about Slater, is Hsu his friend or something, seems to be taking shots at CMA, he was also the first to report on LJ's visit. Very unprofessional to refer to CMA and TJ as the "ex-Arkansas coach and his nephew"

Another media member with an ego. Is there anyone legit who actually covers this program?

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight