Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Another Solid Guy, Justin Simon

Another Solid Guy, Justin Simon 1 month 5 days ago #349791

  • sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 1388
  • Thank you received: 426
Hey if Justin Simon wants to give professional ball a crack I wish him all the luck in the world. Maybe someone else views him differently than I do. I don’t see him remotely close to NBA material. He’s not a point and his shooting is below average.
However, as always their seem to be plenty of professional opportunities abroad where he can and will make a nice living if he chooses that route.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another Solid Guy, Justin Simon 1 month 5 days ago #349800

  • Red2395
  • Red2395's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 111
  • Thank you received: 17
I hope Justin comes back

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another Solid Guy, Justin Simon 1 month 5 days ago #349818

  • Beast of the East
  • Beast of the East's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 10777
  • Thank you received: 2586

Chris7 wrote:

bamafan wrote: The Westchester KNICKS are the Knicks minor league team run and staffed by Knick personnel. The players there have all the NBA exposure you can get as some are promoted to the Knicks. Why the hell are you guys so hung up on how many fannies there are in the seats? How many St. John's players get promoted to the Knicks during the season? I'll hang up and listen. On second thought please don't respond because it will just make me wish I could smack some sense into you.;) :)


Exactly! Here's a link: gleague.nba.com/news/nba-g-league-announ...es-2018-2019-season/ . 7k a month, plus bonuses for any call-ups. Many on here have gone to college to pursue careers in finance, law, medicine, pharma, etc. etc...these guys come to school to pursue a career AKA make a living, in basketball. They can always come back and receive their degrees, a la Hatten. None of these kids should be expected to shelf their dream or ability to earn a living because we want them playing on our college hoops team.


Also of note. NBA teams during the season can carry 3 guys on a reserve roster. Ryan Archidiacono spent most of 2 seasons on a G league roster, got a few games with the Bulls in 2017-18, and then played all 82 games on the NBA roster in 2019, and made $1.3 million in salary as a result. It gives more guys a chance to make serious money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another Solid Guy, Justin Simon 1 month 5 days ago #349821

  • Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5266
  • Thank you received: 815

Beast of the East wrote:

Chris7 wrote:

bamafan wrote: The Westchester KNICKS are the Knicks minor league team run and staffed by Knick personnel. The players there have all the NBA exposure you can get as some are promoted to the Knicks. Why the hell are you guys so hung up on how many fannies there are in the seats? How many St. John's players get promoted to the Knicks during the season? I'll hang up and listen. On second thought please don't respond because it will just make me wish I could smack some sense into you.;) :)


Exactly! Here's a link: gleague.nba.com/news/nba-g-league-announ...es-2018-2019-season/ . 7k a month, plus bonuses for any call-ups. Many on here have gone to college to pursue careers in finance, law, medicine, pharma, etc. etc...these guys come to school to pursue a career AKA make a living, in basketball. They can always come back and receive their degrees, a la Hatten. None of these kids should be expected to shelf their dream or ability to earn a living because we want them playing on our college hoops team.


Also of note. NBA teams during the season can carry 3 guys on a reserve roster. Ryan Archidiacono spent most of 2 seasons on a G league roster, got a few games with the Bulls in 2017-18, and then played all 82 games on the NBA roster in 2019, and made $1.3 million in salary as a result. It gives more guys a chance to make serious money.


It's such a fine line between making very little and making a lot. Harkless got himself into the mid first round as a one and done and he will have made more than 50 million dollars after next season and will only be 27 and could still earn more. This is a guy who plays a little more then 20 minutes a game and scores 7 points and grabs around 4 rebounds. Have to be in the right place at the right time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Andrew.

Another Solid Guy, Justin Simon 1 month 5 days ago #349828

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 22948
  • Thank you received: 12874
Zagoria

Former @StJohnsBBall G Justin Simon works out for Charlotte on Sunday and the Nets in Mid-June, per league source

“Former”
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Another Solid Guy, Justin Simon 1 month 4 days ago #349881

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 22948
  • Thank you received: 12874
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another Solid Guy, Justin Simon 1 month 4 days ago #349902

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 22948
  • Thank you received: 12874

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another Solid Guy, Justin Simon 1 month 4 days ago #349903

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9354
  • Thank you received: 2407

Paultzman wrote:


Paultz

What are the odds Justin comes back. I'll hang up and listen.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another Solid Guy, Justin Simon 1 month 4 days ago #349904

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 22948
  • Thank you received: 12874

Moose wrote:

Paultzman wrote:


Paultz

What are the odds Justin comes back. I'll hang up and listen.

Thanks!

About as good a chance as you not being sarcastic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: guinness77, shamsman2, JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another Solid Guy, Justin Simon 1 month 4 days ago #349906

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9354
  • Thank you received: 2407

Paultzman wrote:

Moose wrote:

Paultzman wrote:


Paultz

What are the odds Justin comes back. I'll hang up and listen.

Thanks!

About as good a chance as you not being sarcastic.


That's cold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter