Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Off Season Tidbits

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 2 days ago #361745

• MainMan
  • Thank you received: 357

redken wrote: A lot of people don't remember (or choose not to remember) or are too young to remember, but fans were getting increasingly disgruntled with Louie's slowed-down approach, especially when the game was speeding up and players were looking to play for coaches who chose to go that way. So much so that a good percentage of our fans weren't upset when he retired.

Very true.
I remember fans ripping him apart after the Tulane loss (his last game) on Mike and the Mad Dog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 1 day ago #361750

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1449

redken wrote:

L J S A wrote:

MainMan wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Enjoyed this one way back when, nice clip of Lou C & Werdann

One of my favorite moments.
One of the few times that Lou completely changed his playing style and had the Redmen run, run and run some more.
Ohio State and its press had no idea what hit them.

I also remember them trying to run against Duke in next game, and Lou yelling at them to slow down.:lol:

A lot of people don't remember (or choose not to remember) or are too young to remember, but fans were getting increasingly disgruntled with Louie's slowed-down approach, especially when the game was speeding up and players were looking to play for coaches who chose to go that way. So much so that a good percentage of our fans weren't upset when he retired -- on the contrary.

So how has that worked out? 6 failed coaches later...............with fans, the grass is always greener.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section9

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 1 day ago #361794

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 14962
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, SJU85, NCJohnnie

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 1 day ago #361797

• Paultzman
  • Away
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 1 day ago #361799

• kred
  • Thank you received: 55

Logen wrote:

redken wrote:

L J S A wrote:

MainMan wrote:

One of the few times that Lou completely changed his playing style and had the Redmen run, run and run some more.

I also remember them trying to run against Duke in next game, and Lou yelling at them to slow down.:lol:

A lot of people don't remember (or choose not to remember) or are too young to remember, but fans were getting increasingly disgruntled with Louie's slowed-down approach, especially when the game was speeding up and players were looking to play for coaches who chose to go that way. So much so that a good percentage of our fans weren't upset when he retired -- on the contrary.

So how has that worked out? 6 failed coaches later...............with fans, the grass is always greener.

If we had hired 1 decent coach it would've worked out just fine.

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 1 day ago #361806

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1449

kred wrote:

Logen wrote:

redken wrote:

L J S A wrote:

MainMan wrote:

If we had hired 1 decent coach it would've worked out just fine.

And if I hit the lottery I wouldn’t be working. Neither of those things happened though. Realities, not ifs! A pretty good coach said, “you are what your record is”, good coach, smart man.

Last edit: by Logen.

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 4 hours ago #361921

• Paultzman
  • Away
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 43 minutes ago #361939

• Paultzman
  • Away
Legacy Honor plaque at CA

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, SJU85, redken, gonzalo, bamafan, Jnaw17, richard A Steinfeld, L J S A, algold98, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by Paultzman.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight