Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Off Season Tidbits

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 5 days ago #352059

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 358
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Class of 72

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 5 days ago #352090

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1024

Class of 72 wrote:

simplyred wrote:

JohnnyFan wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote: Let’s just all admit that my sitting on the scorer’s table tirades the first year ended up being pretty damn accurate :)

Uh, come to think of it.....yeah. Guess you did nail it early.

That would be like the “no tie” guy taking credit for predicting Lavin’s demise

I think Fun took all the credit for Steve Lavin's firing. Five years of editorials.

Why do I feel like Fun is some old hermit in the mountains upstate or something? He continues to give me the spotlight on his blog which is great. Just remember guys, he has a good vocabulary and he is like...really smart. He swears he is, so that's enough for me.

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 5 days ago #352099

• redken
  • Thank you received: 888

Mike Zaun wrote: Why do I feel like Fun is some old hermit in the mountains upstate or something? He continues to give me the spotlight on his blog which is great. Just remember guys, he has a good vocabulary and he is like...really smart. He swears he is, so that's enough for me.

I see him as a very stable genius.

Last edit: by redken.

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 5 days ago #352106

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2986

redken wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote: Why do I feel like Fun is some old hermit in the mountains upstate or something? He continues to give me the spotlight on his blog which is great. Just remember guys, he has a good vocabulary and he is like...really smart. He swears he is, so that's enough for me.

I see him as a genius in a stable.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 4 days ago #352162

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 12864
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface, Tommy O 54

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 4 days ago #352163

• Spocky Ramone
  • Thank you received: 280

redken wrote:

Fun is Donald Trump?
It’s a double knit world, baby
And your heart is my goal
I’ll pick the lock
With my pet rock
To get to your bell bottom soul

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 3 days ago #352194

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 12864

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 3 days ago #352202

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 1838
2 points.
As some of you know I am in LI for the weekend as my son’s team is playing in a tournament. I walk into Uniondale High this morning for the first game wearing some SJU gear and the coach running the tournament and signing in the teams looks up at me and says I love Mike Anderson and TJ. I respond what about Van Macon and he says I love him and DeMeo too, they are Queens guys. I love the whole staff. I say to myself wow, CMA has only been here a short period of time.
We play and go back to the Marriot next to the Nassau Coliseum and a doorman at the hotel comes over to me and says Mike Anderson is my guy. Now I am shaking my head. He says I like his style of play and I believe he is going to do good things at St. John’s. He then goes on to tell me how he coached Aidan Aigehon during AAU ball and used to be involved with IS8.
Again it may not be two full months CMA is here and the bball people love him. I find this to be absolutely remarkable. He is clearly doing something very right to leave such a powerful impression in such s short period of time.
Games 2 and 3 are at Luhi. We get there late in the afternoon and I see the NY Jayhawks film coordinator whom I met in Boston 2 months ago. He is also in charge of social media for the tournament.
He comes over to say hello and tells me Andre Curbalho is not present this weekend. I tell him I know , he is at the NBA top 100 players camp. He goes on to say that Andre met with the new staff and really likes them and they all hope that the staff can lock him up in the very near future.
Sorry for the long winded post but wanted to share what has been very positive responses on the two most important fronts IMHO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, SJUFAN2, bacane, Section3, AJ Hidell, Moon Mullen, kranmars, SJUNC, Paultzman, mjmaherjr and 25 other people also said thanks.

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 3 days ago #352203

• simplyred
  • Thank you received: 135
Such a positive post. I’m glad CMA and the staff are making such a positive early impression on the local basketball community.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ Hidell

Off Season Tidbits 1 week 3 days ago #352211

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 3467

redmannorth wrote: 2 points.
As some of you know I am in LI for the weekend as my son’s team is playing in a tournament. I walk into Uniondale High this morning for the first game wearing some SJU gear and the coach running the tournament and signing in the teams looks up at me and says I love Mike Anderson and TJ. I respond what about Van Macon and he says I love him and DeMeo too, they are Queens guys. I love the whole staff. I say to myself wow, CMA has only been here a short period of time.
We play and go back to the Marriot next to the Nassau Coliseum and a doorman at the hotel comes over to me and says Mike Anderson is my guy. Now I am shaking my head. He says I like his style of play and I believe he is going to do good things at St. John’s. He then goes on to tell me how he coached Aidan Aigehon during AAU ball and used to be involved with IS8.
Again it may not be two full months CMA is here and the bball people love him. I find this to be absolutely remarkable. He is clearly doing something very right to leave such a powerful impression in such s short period of time.
Games 2 and 3 are at Luhi. We get there late in the afternoon and I see the NY Jayhawks film coordinator whom I met in Boston 2 months ago. He is also in charge of social media for the tournament.
He comes over to say hello and tells me Andre Curbalho is not present this weekend. I tell him I know , he is at the NBA top 100 players camp. He goes on to say that Andre met with the new staff and really likes them and they all hope that the staff can lock him up in the very near future.
Sorry for the long winded post but wanted to share what has been very positive responses on the two most important fronts IMHO.

fantastic story ! Thanks for sharing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, redmannorth, Joe

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter